Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central Heating

Options
  • 24-01-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hello all,
    We have a dual heating system, stanley + Oil, when then two are on the circulating pump for the oil makes a noise like gushing water which stops and starts. When i turn the screws eiter side of the pump the noise stops and the pump sounds normal. Does anyone know what these are for, I attached a pic.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

My pump has a screw either side of the pump and it's used for turning off the water so you can replace the pump without too much hardship.

Having said that the screw on yours looks too small to be turning a valve on and off, so I can't be sure .

Is there one below the pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Thanks for the reply, There is one each side of the pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Dermot2468 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, There is one each side of the pump.
    As Reyman says they are the valves for isolating the pump. The slots should be in line with the pipes.
    Jim.

Advertisement