Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel Cars - A false Economy???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote:
    prob same engine in a lower state of tune

That's it afaik. As bazz26 said, both have a turbo and a super charger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Cyrus wrote:
    what i find funny is the fact that 90% of people on this forum (and around ireland in general) believe that any VAG fitted with the 1.9tdi engine is a rocket, even more so if its the 130bhp version with the red d and red i :D

Jeez thank God someone said that! I nearly thought I was on my own here in thinking they have the acceleration, handling, and soundtrack of an Emerald Star cruiser on the river Shannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

not being rude.....

but what does VAG mean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Volkswagen Audi/Auto Group - Cars from Volskwagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bently, Lamborghini etc - check out wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

JHMEG wrote:
    Jeez thank God someone said that! I nearly thought I was on my own here in thinking they have the acceleration, handling, and soundtrack of an Emerald Star cruiser on the river Shannon.

Obviously you've never been to Singapore or driven a 1.9D Vento. I used to get seasick in one even when it wasn't moving. Hard to know when it was moving, but you get the point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

JHMEG wrote:
    Its true. There must be some amount of bitter rockets in NASA and even in Russia after being compared to a 1.9 diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

AWH feck.

So I wont even notice a tiny bit of performance improvement over my basic 1.4 ??

The 1.4 always has enough to get me around stuff when I need it. Why would I want a second hand russian rocket anyways???

The emerald star gets you there, in a refined classy and relaxed manner:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

A friend of mine has been given a free '99 VW passat with 250k on the clock, its from a taxi driving friend who just got a mondeo.

All it needs is a service and an NCT. Now that’s good economics..

Some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Dundhoone wrote:
    AWH feck.

So I wont even notice a tiny bit of performance improvement over my basic 1.4 ??

The 1.4 always has enough to get me around stuff when I need it. Why would I want a second hand russian rocket anyways???

The emerald star gets you there, in a refined classy and relaxed manner:p
    Well... 1.9tdi isn't slow, it's just nothing like a "rocket". The 1.4 however, now thats a new level of relaxed pace! It's a remarkable engine that. Remarkable how it's still around when some manufacturers were getting more power and similar economy from a 1.4 back in 1996 and have retired such engines 6 years ago! :D

Advertisement