Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Brigtness

• 24-01-2007 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a quick question. I've a laptop and every time I unplug it from the mains the screen goes darker. I know this is to conserve power but I was wondering if there is a way to turn off this behaviour as I preffer to have a nice bright monitor. I have rummaged through the power settings and I cannot find any setting to achieve this.

PDD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

What make of Laptop is it?

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think you will just have to brighten it up to an acceptable level when the mains is plugged out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If its a Dell the option to change the brightness when the power is plugged out is set in the bios at startup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

PDD wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a quick question. I've a laptop and every time I unplug it from the mains the screen goes darker. I know this is to conserve power but I was wondering if there is a way to turn off this behaviour as I preffer to have a nice bright monitor. I have rummaged through the power settings and I cannot find any setting to achieve this.

PDD

really depends on the laptop, as the laptop manufacturer has to have drivers to adjust screen brightness i think, most laptops you just press a function key with the arrow keys or something, the manual should tell you how to do it.

If you don't have power management drivers for the laptop installed you might have to download them to get things working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

eolhc wrote:
    most laptops you just press a function key with the arrow keys or something

That too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, the laptop is an IQon laptop. Ive checked the power settings and I can't see anything and there is nothing in the BIOS either. Does anyone have an IQon laptop?

PDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Whats the model number? You might have a look in the service manual as the iQon website is a load of tosh and I can't find much info on it there.

Advertisement