Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks !!!! SPOILERS

Options
  • 24-01-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

ok .. eng poety ... all i know tat kavanagh frost is def coming up !!!!!!!!!... comparitive study = theme or issue ........ pride and prejudice ... was told if i know marraige as a theme i will be sound !!!!!

In accounting.... cost bugeting,,,, incomplete type a .... ratios ...ammmmmmmm tats all i know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

OF COURSE thats all you know.........you can hardly smell?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i hope everyone knows there more than one mock paper and levaing cert paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Every school has a different mock exam....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

There are six different exams you tool, and I'm pretty sure this is against the rules in the charter, but don't hold me to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

6 different exams^?

Don't private companies make the mock papers? Or I am probably most likely completely wrong. But atleast I knew that everyone didn't have the same mocks :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

There's at least 2 private companies that do them.
    As far as I know they are:

Dublin Examining Board
    and
    Educational Company of Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It isn't, although it probably should be. *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ehh, 15 different companies make the mocks. Better get decent correcters this time....ones for our junior cert were a disaster.

So, no point in finding-out-from-your-friend-in-another-school.

Only the State Examinations Commission make the actual Leaving Cert. The way that works is, everyone in the country sits the same exam on the same day....

Anyway, we've got a few hints, from teachers who have looked over our mocks papers....like Geography- cultural identity- "just learn language and religion"
    "what about the other 2?" "No, just these 2, HINT HINT".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There's at least 2 private companies that do them.
    As far as I know they are:

Dublin Examining Board

Have seen the Dublin Examining Board Accounting Paper myself today. Have done a question from it and will do more, so I think I knoe which company I wont be getting them from in the actual Mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Ehh, 15 different companies make the mocks. Better get decent correcters this time....ones for our junior cert were a disaster.

Only the State Examinations Commission make the actual Leaving Cert. The way that works is, everyone in the country sits the same exam on the same day....

Anyway, we've got a few hints, from teachers who have looked over our mocks papers....like Geography- cultural identity- "just learn language and religion"
    You get correctors? The teachers correct ours themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

same.........sounds like thier going to be easy to cheat in by the sound of my teachers in my school[j.c.]
    but i wont..........theres no point for the mocks........i just dont care about them

have not studyed once this year!

Why would you study for the JC? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

15 companies correct i think...and mabey produce mocks papers, but in general there are 3 big companies that are very accurate and most widely used by schools! so if you can get a copy of those 3 mocks you are sorted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Not against the rules of the charter, we did it last year! :P there's usually 4 popular papers that everybody uses. Mine aren't until April so hopefully I'll be well sorted for the either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I've an Irish spoiler if anyone wants one
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Lig sin i gcathú is definately on the D.E.B. papers

Does anyone else know what else is coming up on any of that company's papers in any subjects???

Thanks, its just I'm underprepared and My parents will kill me if I do bad!

Cheating for the mocks? There's no point. If you can't do it, you can't. Then you'll know what you need to do for the real thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Nehpets right. Lads would ye ever cop the f*** on because ye are only fooling yourselves at the end of the day. The mocks are there for a reason. To simulate the real exam. You wont be able to get your hands on the leaving cert exam papers unless you drive up to athlone and do a Mission Impossible scene and copy the exam papers without anyone noticing.

To my knowledge the mock paper companies i know are, dublin examining board, exam craft, exam vision, exam start and other little companies that try to make money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

finding out what's coming up on the mocks is not such a good LC strategy, lest you're looking to stumble a bit in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nehpets right. Lads would ye ever cop the f*** on because ye are only fooling yourselves at the end of the day. The mocks are there for a reason. To simulate the real exam. You wont be able to get your hands on the leaving cert exam papers unless you drive up to athlone and do a Mission Impossible scene and copy the exam papers without anyone noticing.

Also, most people here probably dont know which exam company do their mocks, so its pointless to an extent saying most of that. Im personally paying attention to it, cos yes, it is stupid knowing whats coming up. It might hit ya in the exam that it was said, bit late then isnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chimpanzee-that

JSK 252 wrote:
    You wont be able to get your hands on the leaving cert exam papers unless you drive up to athlone and do a Mission Impossible scene and copy the exam papers without anyone noticing.

I'll do it! :D

I'll take it you'll want a copy of em upon my return ;)

I know gettin hints in for the mocks (or trying to) is foolin yourself at the end of the day.... but i'd rather be a fool then come out with a big fat F next week.
    I'll come up trumps for the real 'uns though, dont worry your little round head:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

. Better get decent correcters this time....ones for our junior cert were a disaster.

Lol, I believe that most people correcting your exam are college students. So I might be doing it for you:) This means that your exam has to compete with college assignments, mock company deadlines(Which are rarely adhered to) and getting pissed;) . Also I think examiners get terrible pay for the mocks (around €1, State Exam Commission examiners get far more). So that means the more they do the better for them but the less time they can spend on papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chimpanzee-that

Lol, I believe that most people correcting your exam are college students. So I might be doing it for you:) This means that your exam has to compete with college assignments, mock company deadlines(Which are rarely adhered to) and getting pissed;) . Also I think examiners get terrible pay for the mocks (around €1, State Exam Commission examiners get far more). So that means the more they do the better for them but the less time they can spend on papers.

Are you avin a laugh? Is he avin a laugh? Thats outrageous! Least I'll know its your fault and not lack of study....;)

Good money for whippin a few X's on a few pages mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Nonsense

All reputable private exam bodies such as DEB only employ fully qualified second level teachers, not partially educated college students.

Advertisement