Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems storage heating

Options
  • 24-01-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hello this my 1st thread of boards so bare with me.
    I have recently moved in to a new house which has "CREDA Storage Heating". I have tred everything and I can't figure it out. It has 2 dials one says input one says output and they have numbers from 1 to 6. Have tried the placing the dial on all the little numbers and left it overnight but still no work.
    As sexy as i look wearing socks and a hat with 3 coats i'd appreciate f anyone could offer assistance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I am not a Creda expert but the dial that says input selects how long the heater will be taking in heat and using electricity during the night.

The output dial decides how high the output is during the day. If you run it at full then the heater will probably be cold after 4-5 hours. At low you will still get heat after 8 hours.

There's usually an on/off switch with those heaters. Have a look for it. If it's not working that's the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Is there a socket on the wall where the heater connects to. There is ususlly a red light and a fuse enclosed. Check the light is coming on. Also, it may be possible that there on a timer back at the fuse board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Your storage heaters maybe on a nightsaver supply at the fuse board.
    Sometimes it's a timer ,but the previous owner may have turned them off completely at the fuse board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 worksucks

Thanks a mill for all your help i'll give them a go. Just one little question fuse board?? Is that the big box over the front door you check when the electricity goes? or somethng totally different?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

worksucks wrote:
    Thanks a mill for all your help i'll give them a go. Just one little question fuse board?? Is that the big box over the front door you check when the electricity goes? or somethng totally different?
    Thats it all right

• Advertisement
Advertisement