Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 360 is ****ed

• 24-01-2007 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

My 360 turns on fine I can browse the menus and such but as soon as try to play a game or demo the 360 makes this weird bleeping noise and the game freezes or the screen has all the black and white dots.Does anybody know how much it would cost for microsoft to fix it or any sugeestions on what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if its under warranty theyll do it free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

They may do it for free if you are out of warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Why would they do it for free if you are out of warranty? Mine died on Tuesday and is over a year old and was thinking of just buying another rather than going through fighting with them for the chance of a replacement.

Does anyone know how much it costs to have it repaired out of warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This product should work for 6 years at least. that is a reasonable life would you not say?
    Warranty does not affect you statutory rights and they say it must be fit for the purpose it was intended and for a period of 6 years... and the small claims court will cost about €15 or so.
    Check out other threads like the PC world thread for links on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jaykay2 wrote:
    Why would they do it for free if you are out of warranty? Mine died on Tuesday and is over a year old and was thinking of just buying another rather than going through fighting with them for the chance of a replacement.

Does anyone know how much it costs to have it repaired out of warranty?

Was your Xbox's death the ring of red??

There are a few solutions to solve all these mishaps I will try get the links later!!

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote:
    Was your Xbox's death the ring of red??

There are a few solutions to solve all these mishaps I will try get the links later!!

Well it was giving me trouble getting in to games of call of duty 3 first of all. Then i tried getting in on Tuesday and the machine kept crashing, then later that eve i got the red rings of death. I'm ragin. Think i will just go and buy a core if i find out how much it costs to get fixed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't know how much it is, normally when something breaks on me and its out of warrenty I fix it myself!!

Afraid i would not be able for that.

jaykay2 wrote:
    Afraid i would not be able for that.

I could take a look if you want?? I tend to get most things sorted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

if yo got the rings of death then microsoft fix for you for free because it happened to my bro last wk, he rang and the next day microsoft had sent out a ups van to pick it up. Thy told him theyll try and fix it and if they cant then theyll give him a new 1.

• Advertisement

jaykay2 wrote:
    Well it was giving me trouble getting in to games of call of duty 3 first of all. Then i tried getting in on Tuesday and the machine kept crashing, then later that eve i got the red rings of death. I'm ragin. Think i will just go and buy a core if i find out how much it costs to get fixed?

if you buy the core, can i have your original one, instead of you throwing it out?

wanna see if i can fix it, if i do, you can have it back

jaykay2 wrote:

if you buy the core, can i have your original one, instead of you throwing it out?

wanna see if i can fix it, if i do, you can have it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

i posted this in the other thread but nobody replied (yet)

if one was to buy a new 360 now, would it be from the same batch as all these ones that are breaking or would it be a new issue with these problems fixed ????

im itching to buy something and its xbox or wii

theres no way to tell, i think that, as with any piece of consumer electronics, theres always gonna be x amount in any batch that will be faulty

ive had my 360 since launch and no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Hey lads just to clarify I don't have the red ring of death on my 360:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Sounds like your DVD-ROM is bucked.

MS will charge about 95 euro to collect, fix and deliver back to you if its outside warranty. Cheaper than a new console and you get a warranty on the work they do...

Might be worth at least the price of a phonecall to their technical dept. to ask some questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Thanks dude.

Advertisement