Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged parcel. I wanna kill a courier.

Options
  • 24-01-2007 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

So I went looking for a really nice set of speakers for my home studio and found a great deal from a guy in Holland. All kosher, until today when they arrive and I open the package and these babies have been dropped square on one corner with a big fresh bash and one of the speaker cones completely ripped to peices. :eek: :eek: I want to kill someone. A courier. or a baggage handler, someone. I want to go postal on anyone postal.

The items were insured (I paid the sender extra for this). So who gets the insurance, me or the guy who sent it? He suggested me sending them back for a refund. What I think I'd rather is to get the €500 they were insured for towards repair, loss of value. I'd also have to pay to have them shipped back. Any ideas how this normally works?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

i think u may get a better answer in consumer issues;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't know where you stand in the matter (or even what the correct procedure is in such a case), but I know I'd have a fit if something like that happened me.

Can you not have the shipping back of the items paid for through the insurance? i.e ship them back and get new ones sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

The thing about is that I'd love to have and use the speakers. If I could get the insurance to refund the cost of the blown cone then I think I'd be happy enough to stick with them, if I was to get some insurance towards the loss of value well that would just be even better. I'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Seller refund methinks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

yup i works for a courier company, the person that originally paid for the item to be sent gets the insurance pay out, take lots of photos and get him onto his sales agent in the company asap,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

best , quickest option would be to go for the refund , it's a real pain but i'm sure you'll find similiar ones again at a similiar price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

The seller has been cool about it. He has offered sending an identical pair that have some scratches plus €30 to me too. They were insured for €500 so I think he has his eye on getting that. Although I would have thought that as the person who paid the insurance I would have received it by default, but then it was in his name. I think I'll take him up on the extra speakers. Could be worse I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

My Dad got a pc sent to him last year from Hewlett Packard, he was having it repaired under warranty and when he got it back there was a tiny scratch on it, no wider than my baby finger nail. He got a brand spanking new laptop and got to keep the old one aswell. COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

One of our engineers tells a story about their head office receiving a fully stacked Cisco 6513 complete with two holes from a forklift...

A friend of mine who's in the designer furniture business was lamenting the fact that on two consecutive occasions DHL delivered a damaged table (the second delivery was to reaplce the first one..).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just send themback and get a replacement or refund.And if you get replacment make sure he packs them right with bubble wrap just pay him afew euro extra for proper packaging

• Advertisement
Advertisement