Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEARfm now on 90.3

• 24-01-2007 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

nearfmbanner.gif

Just thought I'd pop up a small notice that as of yesterday NEARfm is now broadcasting on 90.3fm. It used to be on 101.6.

A lot of work changing over, but it's a good excuse for a promotional drive.

NEARfm is a not-for-profit community access radio station that has been serving Dublin North-East since 1995.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What's the reason behind the shift in frequency? Will it affect all licensed community access radio stations or is it just those in Dublin, where there's more congestion on the airwaves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hmmm... from what I know it's fairly complicated.... but I believe it has something to do with co-operation between the BCI and the Welsh authority or least it did have something to do with that at some stage. But it may only be stations on the east coast.

Dublin South Community Radio has already been moved.

It's not the first time we've had to move. Last time they made us move was to make room for Radio Ireland.

But to be honest I think we're down a better end of the band at 90.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hmm, just wondering - considering I'm involved (company director and programme producer/presenter) in Dundalk FM 100 - which, as the name suggests (silly, I know), is on 100FM.

My show features an ex-NEARfm contributor/volunteer, incidentally :)

Ah I know Dundalk FM well. I've delivered digital audio training up there in the past.

We do seem to export a good few volunteers up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

But to be honest I think we're down a better end of the band at 90.3

It is a better end of the band but it is also very near powerful RTE Tx's which has effected the range of your signal. I think it's the BCI's way of curtailing the smaller stations coverage.

Apparently it is BCI policy to have all local stations located in the sub band of national stations. Having moved all the Hospital Stations it appears to be the locals turn to be shifted .

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    Apparently it is BCI policy to have all local stations located in the sub band of national stations. Having moved all the Hospital Stations it appears to be the locals turn to be shifted .
    Yep. Looks like they are sticking Beaumont Hospital Radio in around 89 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Are Beaumont still on? The last time I was in aroiund there they had a blank carrier on their *89.5 Fm Frequency.

Your comments re the welsh authority were very interetsing. Had ye listeners in Wales ?

The Muppet wrote:
    Are Beaumont still on? The last time I was in aroiund there they had a blank carrier on their *89.5 Fm Frequency.

Your comments re the welsh authority were very interetsing. Had ye listeners in Wales ?
    Apparently Beaumont is coming back... I don't know too much though. They used to be on 107.6 didn't they?

I heard that Welsh thing about 2 years ago when talks of moving frequencies first started to trickle out... so I'm not sure how much truth there is to it... but I do think there is some sort of EU directive at play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

NearFM, always listened to by me when in the area at a Ireland cricket match in Clontarf CC. :)

DMC wrote:
    NearFM, always listened to by me when in the area at a Ireland cricket match in Clontarf CC. :)
    We actually get pretty good listenership for our cricket coverage... very few other places tend to cover it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement