Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annesley House, North Strand.

Options
  • 24-01-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I walked down North Strand the other day, for the first time in a while. Looks like Annesley House is all closed up. Anyone know if it's re-opening, or if it's just closed on weekdays etc?

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you referring to the large house on Portland Row?
    If so, I believe that's going to be turned in a nursing home/daycare center or sonething similar.

I read the planning permission sign a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Annesely House, the pub on the corner of the fork in the road. It's on your right, if you're coming from Annesley Bridge, going towards town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 oddy

The new owner have decided to renovate the bar downstairs!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

micmclo wrote:
    Are you referring to the large house on Portland Row?
    If so, I believe that's going to be turned in a nursing home/daycare center or sonething similar.

I read the planning permission sign a few months ago

That's Aldborough House - lovely building, but alas let go to rack and ruin. One time home of the Feinaglian Institute. Professor von Feinagle opened a school there based on his successful methods of improving and strengthening memory. He called it Luxembourg.

Advertisement