Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3347NWG with digiweb metro

Options
  • 24-01-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

I just got my metro connection in and have it seup. Got a Thompson cable modem with it but I want to use my old netopia router with it.

I can't get the wireless connection to connect to the internet through the cable modem. I have the two connected and can access the Thompson modem through the wireless connection but thats it.

Do I need to se the netopia router up as a bridge? The metro connection is up and I can use it over a direct ethernet connection.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Does it have an ethernet WAN port or is it purely a wireless DSL router?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

turn off the dhcp server on the netopia and the thomson should allocate all ip addresses for the whole network from its dhcp server for you instead .

leave its default ip address of 192.168.1.254 as is

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

plig the Thomson into the WAN port of the router
    set the router to DHCP

power cycle the thomson

that should be it

Advertisement