Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Networking Novice

• 25-01-2007 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Hi . I have 2 PC's which are currently connected to broadband using a wireless netgear DG834PN . My question is - Can I or is it easy to share the local drives for each machine wirelessly ? Do I need any additional hardware ?

Are there any dummies reference guides around ?

Thanks for any help given

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

you need to run "wireless network wizard" and enable security for each wireless adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

stanley1 wrote:
    you need to run "wireless network wizard" and enable security for each wireless adapter.

I already have wpa security activated - How do I share /See "C" drives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

you must pick the option to share files, drives etc when you run wizard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Or Right-click the folder in Explorer, Go to [Properties] and select the [Sharing] Tab. Remember, keep it secure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I've never used the wizard but there are a few things you have to be mindful of. I don't have time to go into detail at the moment but if yer stuck, post up and I'll try put something together.

You have to enable File and Printer sharing on both computers
    You have to make sure that both computers on the wame Workgroup. If they are using the same version of windows, then this is probably already done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Thanks for the info - I solved my problem by using www.logmein.com a lot less hassle!

Advertisement