Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Toaster: Reviewer(s) needed

Options
  • 25-01-2007 1:41am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Due to the slow review turn around of our current reviewer, Games Toaster is now looking for an extra reviewer. The person should be a reasonably skilled writer and passionate about games and writing.

Potential reviewers should be able to review computer games in 200-400 word reviews in a short space of time.

It would be preferred, but not essential, that the reviewer is from the Dublin area and would be able to meet the editor from time to time. Reviewer must live in Ireland.

Experience is not required, but the ability to spell-check your text and a practical understanding of grammar are necessary.

As the reviews are short, they should be to the point. They should follow Games Toaster’s Style Guide and be written in plain English and in a partly detached fashion – reviewers should be able to somewhat look beyond their own preferences (ie “it’s a exceptional game for regular gamers, but may be a turn off to others” or “for first person shooter fans only” or “this game may not hold much appeal beyond 5year olds”.

Humour is not needed, but welcomed. Profanities are not needed, nor welcomed.

As an editor for a site which makes no money I cannot pay for reviews, however I can provide games on the bases they will be reviewed promptly. Accepting games is accepting that reviews must be written and that the editor can publish such reviews online indefinitely, although the reviewer will be free to sell the review a print publication.

Reviews should not be summated anonymously or pseudonymously, the writer is expected to user their real name and be willing to have reviews published with such.

Ideally the candidate will have multiple games consoles; however I will be willing to take on multiple reviewers as I will most likely need reviews written for PS2 PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, and Nintendo handhelds (as well as the PS3 in the medium/long term).

[Note: Any games give to you should not be sold, copied, rented, or lent. And reviews should be strictly the writer’s own work – if you copy reviews you will be found out sooner or later!]

If you’re interested PM me a 200-400 word review or if you have any questions post below or use PM. Thank you.

Advertisement