Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

serious problems - please help

• 25-01-2007 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

im having major problems on my comp. anti vir has stopped working and spybot s & d wont let me in.

i have been told the following when i try to open both files:

spybot:
    exception Eaccessviolationinmodule
    spybotsd.exe@ 002668c7
    access violation @address 006668c7 in module spybot.exe read of address fffffff

anti vir:
    exception in modul AVCENTER.EXE (07.00.01.07):
    plugin: guard
    function: statusviewchange status
    exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION (@xc0000005)
    at address 0x653503d1

error

cannot be found or has been modified or destroyed.
    the control centre cannot be started
    please check your installation!

im also getting illegal operation notices every few seconds.

i havent been on any mucky sites or anything, this all started suddenly, if someone knows or has any idea what is going on please help,

thanks,
    gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i have also tried to re-install anti-vir but it wont let me. it keeps saying 'could not complete installation, files were corrupt. please try to to install a fresh file'

can anybody shed any light on this,

thanks,
    gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Will it let you uninstall the old one?

its very difficult to even get on to the net, i keep getting the following when i try to load firefox:
    the file is linked to missing export

and i removed anti vir, but then when i tried to re-install it i got:
    c:/windows/temp/nmq42loc.exe could not be saved, because the source file could not be read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Boot into safe mode and try it

ive re-booted in safe mode and ran firefox in safe mode, but no cigar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I meant try running the AV.

If you have Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG/Avast on a CD, boot into safe-mode, reinstall them from there and run. Don't forget to download the updates and put them on the cd also.

i managed to install anti-vir again but every time i go to run it its back to the start; i have to keep re-installing the anti-vir. firefox is not running now, 'the system canot open the file bacause files linked to it are corrupt'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

but a clean reinstall is the best and quickest course of action :D Also ur machine will work like clockwork :cool: Its really quiet easy as long as u have the disks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

If you can take out the Hard Drive of the infected computer and pop it into another one and scan it and it will take out the beasties plus allowing you to save your valuable files if you have not got a backup plan already.

I did this with a computer which was infected although I didn't know it. Cleaned it right out. If you can save your files a fresh install would be no harm but this way might be easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Sounds like you're infected with something, that is writing itself too files you run, and your anti-virus scanner does an integrity check on itself (basically too see if its been messed around with) and fails, as the virus(or whatever) is writing itself to the antivirus program.

What netwhizkid said is a good idea, or alternatively you could try any emergency disks your Anti Virus asked you to create upon installation (though nobody ever does this, and if the virus got on when you had an AV software package installed, then its likely the disks wont find it either). Or you could try a safemode boot, head too http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ give your a pc a scan, (if firefox wont work try internet explorer, or something that hasnt been infected, or has but still works).

If the free scan wont remove what virus it is, but does detect it, you can atleast google around for a free fix for it, if you know what it is.

i think i may have figured out what is wrong, i think i got that adobe acrobat virus that was going around, everytime i go on the net i keep getting told to download a new version of acrobat reader, i just need to figure what to do now, every program is messed up and even my games have suffered, i have sim city 3000 uk edition installed but that came up as sim city 3000 unlimited earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Try Smithrem to remove trojans and spyware.
    download and instructions here

Advertisement