Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad crash on ballytruckle road

• 25-01-2007 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

From what I've been told, On the turn left/right junction, the driver went straight on, and went straight through the wall on the other side.. must've been doing at least 70/80mph to have taken it down.

Gardai, Fire brigade and Ambulances are on the scene, apparently the driver's not been cut out yet. Its unknown whether the driver is still alive.

Has anyone passed around here in the past half hour or so? Any details on what car was being driven would be much appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

i was at this accident last night in a working roleas a member of one of the emergency services and nobody had to be cut from the car and there was no serious injuries and vehicle malfunction was prob cause of r.t.a...
    its amazing how fast false rumours spread around the town.
    do people have nothing else to do but get straight on the internet and spread rumours about mass carnage all the time...
    its time to stop this carry on these people have family ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah no story then? Bah! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My friend lives right next to the place and heard at happen. He must have been going at a fairly high speed because he ploughed through not only the concrete wall, but also through a steel barrier. The driver (who was apparently being chased by the gardaí) stumbled out from the car and was then arrested.

I'm more concerned about the (once) lovely Alfa Romeo 156 GT that was parked behind the wall. It's mangled :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did this happen at the traffic light junction where the inner relief road cuts across the (old) Ballytruckle road?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

The goss on the street is that the driver was a foreign national without tax and was allegedly uninsured

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

I heard he was shot by snipers on the wall and then survived but was unlucky to be knocked down and then heard the ambulance crashed and exploded - But he was ok - Never taught this could happen in Waterford :D:D:D:D lol

Chinese whispers Waterford its always the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

I'm more concerned about the (once) lovely Alfa Romeo 156 GT that was parked behind the wall. It's mangled :o

more importantly that wall hid us every morning havin a smoke!
    Breaks my heart such a landmark has been destroyed!

Advertisement