Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild baby goat

Options
  • 25-01-2007 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

We have some "Wild" (wild = no one is claiming that they own them) goats in our area, which have caused a bit of nuisance by trying to get in our garden. We called the county (Meath) council, and (no surprises) said they wouldn't do anything.

The other day, my wife saw a newborn (5days) baby goat calling, but didn't see the mother, and the baby goat was stuck in the mud and the mud was frozen. She took him in, and we got a vet to come over, who said it has a lung infection, and is malnourished.

We have been feeding it and the good news is that he is recovering quickly.

Perhaps too quickly... Now we have the problem with what to do with him. We just can't put him back out, as he still needs milk and needs to be fed regularly, but we really don't have space for him (he is currently in the ensuite bathroom!)

Any ideas if there is a goat sanctuary around? Or would anyone be interested?

While I am asking, we have rescued 20 cats that could use a good home too...

--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cottage Rescue

Is this baby still looking for a rescue to take him in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Post the cats on Petsireland, include some details of age, sex, colour etc Pics help alot for homing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Judge2112

Is this baby still looking for a rescue to take him in??

Yes! He is getting bigger by the day. The little fella is quite cute. I would be willing to drive him to wherever there might be a home for it.

I hope that your reply indicates a possible home for him?

Arcadian wrote:
    Post the cats on Petsireland, include some details of age, sex, colour etc Pics help alot for homing too.

Thanks Arcadian, I'll do that.

--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

I send you an email last sunday with the telephone number of somebody who is interested. Did you read that?

• Advertisement

mjffey wrote:
    I send you an email last sunday with the telephone number of somebody who is interested. Did you read that?

I didn't notice :o

Thanks for the mail. I'll give her a ring. Much appreciated!

Thanks mjffey. It looks like he will going into a fantastic home!

--

Advertisement