Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Home Professional -Wireless and/or Connection Settings

Options
  • 25-01-2007 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi I'm having major problems with my services. It keeps stopping and i have to reset my router every time. I now have it working but it is slower than dial-up(a slight exaggeration) but when i rang support they gave me no help and kept asking me to clear my cookies and cache.

could someone who has experienced this problem before maybe try to help me? i have to keep changing wireless channels in order to have any connection at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If it happens over wireless then try connecting via the ethernet cable to see if it's just a wireless problem.
    I presume it's the Eircom supplied Netopia 2247NWG modem then there is a firmware update available on the Netopia website, here:
    http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/2247w.html
    The link is top right under the little picture of the modem.
    Download it to your PC and then go to the router update page in the router config. Don't do the update over wireless. Connect with the cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 seanie16

im using the 3347NWG and its updated, ill try to reset my router and ill get back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭tomster

If you use IE7 you may need to set up your IP manually>>> IP - 192.168.1.1 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 Defauld gateway - 192.168.1.254 Don't forget about DNS serwers (primary 213.94.190.194, alternate 213.94.190.236)... Also go to home.eircom.net/speedtest and verify a real connection speed (shown in kilobytes)... Should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 seanie16

i dont use ie7 and it really annoys me how my ip changes every 24 hours. i need a specific ip change on a forum that has a secure system where only my ip is allowed and no one elses for the mod system

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

seanie16 wrote:
    i dont use ie7 and it really annoys me how my ip changes every 24 hours. i need a specific ip change on a forum that has a secure system where only my ip is allowed and no one elses for the mod system

Pay for a static IP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rong1mod

Hi maybe ya can help me,I'm using eircom broadband an the last few days I can't access gomusic.ru,I have checked an anyone I have asked who use other ISP's ie NTL have no problem accessing site,some friends told me that they block sites regularly is this true,can I get around it.Rang their support line and they told me to use Firefox instead of IE7 which I'm currently using,to no avail.Can anyone help?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

IRMA probably requested as part of a court action that they track down the users of that particlar known copyright violating site and then block them once they had logged their activities .

Advertisement