Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Starting up again...

Options
  • 25-01-2007 11:36am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, so i'm thinking of getting back into Eve after my exams in February, as Warcraft is getting a bit boring (and the pvp sucks ass). I've played Eve before, but its been over a year since i have been online. Much changed?

I'd like to be able to do some decent level 3 missions, but also do a bit of mining/salvaging (which sounds nice). Currently, i fly an enyo, so once i equip that decently, i should be able to handle most level 3 missions, right? And what about pvp...should i risk my Enyo in pvp, or get a destroyer (Megathron) or something like that.

What about a miner/salvager? I had originally planned on going for a Dominix, as i almost had the skills (if not the cash). I have an Iteron Mark III as well, for hauling the ore if needed as well. I also have a bit better then basic mining skills, and will start getting them a bit higher once i get back in.

Its gonna be a few weeks till i can get back in, although i may re-subscribe to get a skill or two trained, so i figured i'd do a bit of research into what i want to do first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

you will have trouble in an enyo on some of the level 3 missions, can you use an ishkur?

the best ships i have found for level 3's are the Myrmidon and Dominix.

who do you have standing with? our corp office is located in a station with an L3 Q16 federation navy security agent, with a level 4 agent available a few jumps away (dodixie/oursalert)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

jaggeh wrote:
    you will have trouble in an enyo on some of the level 3 missions, can you use an ishkur?

the best ships i have found for level 3's are the Myrmidon and Dominix.

who do you have standing with? our corp office is located in a station with an L3 Q16 federation navy security agent, with a level 4 agent available a few jumps away (dodixie/oursalert)

I think i can fly the ishkur, as i had trained my drones up quite a bit (i think). Is it easier with the ishkur? Cause i would switch to that if it was. I do like drones.

Again, i'm not 100% sure who i have standing with. I'm gallente, so i think i was doing missions for the Federation. Never really did any pvp either, as the corp i was in was (not anymore) small. And i think i will go for the Dominix, since you also recommeded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the ishkur while small can get speed on its side, plus if done right all you need is 5 hammerhead II. you will do some missions fairly slow tho.

My loadout for the dominix is fairly good for missions
    3 250mm Railgun II
    3 Drone link Augmentors (+60km range)
    1 Sensor booster
    1 Drone Omni Link (x1.1 max range and something else)
    2 Drone Navigation comps (+50n MWD speed: heavies move like mediums, mediums move like lights, lights are on crack)
    1 cap recharger or booster depending on preference
    2 Therm hardeners
    2 Kinetic hardeners
    1 damage control II
    1 1600mm plate
    1 heavy armor repper
    1 drone scope rig
    1 drone range rig (+15k)

Drones
    5 Ogre I
    5 Bouncer I
    8 Hammerhead II
    9 Hobgoblin II

no problems with level 3's, can solo most level 4's over 80%resists with cheap gear and can sustain repper for a good while.

Advertisement