Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby ban

Options
  • 25-01-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

can any explain why i've been banned from the rugby forum for this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044250&page=3

Ruggiebear says its for trollin yet i feel all my points are valid, expect maybe ''yeah ban him'' but i've noticed you cant be banned for sarcasm as most of you mods are.(not trolling by the wayi like sarcasm)

NO personal attacks or takin it to personally LIKE maybe IBOD or some others yet i get banned. I dont mind if IBOD doesnt get banned as hes explained thats the way he always argues his points in other forums but if theres a sniff of it off me its instant ban.

dont make sense.

*please all you brown nosers refrain from jumpin on the mod bandwagon in the hope of becomin a mod that i've seen in the other threads in feedback. have your own viewpoint. And i did PM ruggie.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Well perhaps wait 'til this evening to give him an appropriate length of time to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Dont know if you have a history for trouble in the forum but it doesnt seem like a fair distribution of warnings/banning.

Like Amz said though give Ruggie a chance to get back to you. Its usually best to get a reply to see if a feedback thread is warrented.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I don't think Ibid's defence of "That's my posting style" should be taken on board here at all though. If his posts warrented a ban he'd have gotten one I'm sure. If that defence was acceptable every twat in the place would use it as an excuse.

Anyway, wait for a reply before posting in feedback.

There should be a friggin' time limit i.e. you have to wait at least 24 hours after sending a PM to a mod after a ban before posting a feedback thread .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i didn't see asking for another user to be banned as sarcastic. to me it was just to try and wind up ibid even more.

As was the bit about forgotten you milk or mugged you....looked like trolling to me.

Besides none of this has to do with rugby but if you want i can move the thread to the thunderdome and allow you to pot shot at each other there...suit you?

EDIT: oh i see that pm now. the one sent an hour and a half ago. give me a ****ing chance. Up to my eyeballs in work. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

RuggieBear wrote:
    EDIT: oh i see that pm now. the one sent an hour and a half ago. give me a ****ing chance.

It took you a whole 1.5 hours to reply!?
    Seriously, you should be de-modded asap on the suspicion you might have a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Amz wrote:
    I don't think Ibid's defence of "That's my posting style" should be taken on board here at all though. If his posts warrented a ban he'd have gotten one I'm sure. If that defence was acceptable every twat in the place would use it as an excuse.
    Completely agree. Style shouldn't negate a ban... unless you're Amp. Or maybe Pighead.

You said I was taking it far too personally, or something to that effect, to which I replied I wasn't, and that my tone/et al was as per usual.

Edit: I still can't find anywhere where I took something personally, can one of the mods give me a clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Boo hoo hoo.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

90 minutes ago? You're lucky I'm in a good mood today.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement