Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom on reality TV?

Options
  • 25-01-2007 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

So just listing to Access all Areas and Edel was interviewing some nice sounding young woman from some RTE reality TV show. As I guessed with her being a contestant in a reality TV show she was being recorded by RTE at the time. The gig she was promoting as part of this reality TV show was a R'n'N/Reggie/Hip Hop gig. Hmmm

I'm not one for ranting or giving out on the basis of my musio prejudices but hmmmm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yep, was a contestant - Amie Locke - who is part of the 'No Experience Required' TV series broadcast on RTE. The gig is to be a music promoter and the gig that each contestant has to promote is one room within the complex on Friday night for the DIG club night (choice cuts). Her room will feature Firehouse Skank who are a reggae collective. What's wrong with some reggae or dub?

Best of luck to Amie and if you want to buy a ticket for the event you can get them at the WAV Ticketbox 1890 200078 (€10). Admission gets you into all 3 rooms 'till 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Brian, I've just set up my new HDTV, what ever my problem was with this this morning I honestly don't care anymore! :D

Edit: (I guess my problem was the fact the gig she was promoting was not alternative or indie rock. I do worry a bit about radio station genre drift)

Advertisement