Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior Epic Mount

Options
  • 25-01-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

can someone tell me what i need to do to get an epic mount when i turn 60? not much info on the net about it.

ive heard its just a matter of buying it? anyone know how much if this is true?
    I know Warlocks etc have to do quests in Scholo etc as well as gather lots of mats :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

There's no such thing as a Warrior mount, only Warlocks and Paladins get special mounts. Everyone else has to buy theirs.

What race is your warlock? You just need to find out where the mount vendor guy is. The epic mount doesn't cost much, but the 150 riding skill does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

oh right thanks i didnt know that..

I am a level 56 Human Warrior.. so will be getting one soon hopefully :)

my mate is a warlock and has been telling me all about these quests he has to do to get his :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭oceansize

oh right thanks i didnt know that..

I am a level 56 Human Warrior.. so will be getting one soon hopefully :)

my mate is a warlock and has been telling me all about these quests he has to do to get his :)

The quest items cost money if you dont get them urself. Also, for 60 lvls a warlock has to pay to get all his pets spells aswell, so that would work out at a fairly hefty extra sum of gold. So maybe thats why we get a quest mount instead of having to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

oceansize wrote:
    The quest items cost money if you dont get them urself. Also, for 60 lvls a warlock has to pay to get all his pets spells aswell, so that would work out at a fairly hefty extra sum of gold. So maybe thats why we get a quest mount instead of having to buy it

it cost me 550 g for all the mats for my warlock epic mount quest. but well worth it as its the coolest mount around.

Aaaah, 56 to 60, the last bit, seems to take forever though :)

Well, unless you got TBC and then it's just another milestone on your way to 70, heh. Human mounts details/locations:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/mounts/horses.html

All it takes is money, really, you get a discount if your rep is high enough but there are no quests to do. I remember the day I got my epic mount, *sniff*, great day indeed.

• Advertisement

excellant thanks , according to that its only 100 gold! and prob something similar for the riding skill! and heres me hording gold thinking it was 700 or something like that ! :D

oh wait, ive just noticed it is 600 gold for journeyman riding skill :eek:

Yeah; altogether it's roughly 1000g including buying the horse.

get yer ass onto igxe.com or something and buy some gaold hahaha j/k

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They reduced the cost of riding skill to 540g in the most recent patch. Of course, I play a paladin and have a rather nice quested epic mount :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got my Warlock epic mount there a few days ago, and its great. So much better then the regular one. It was actually cheap enough, as i just split the cost of the last 3 mats (only one lock needs these). Cost me about 300-350 (iirc).

I did the quest in DM with 3 locks, a mage and a priest...was great fun. Probably the best quest i've done in the game so far. Was great when we had 3 lvl60 elites enslaved in the summoning circle. Definatly helped.

As for the regular epic, two friends got it recently, and it cost them both 540g for the skill, and 90g for the mount.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote:
    I got my Warlock epic mount there a few days ago, and its great. So much better then the regular one. It was actually cheap enough, as i just split the cost of the last 3 mats (only one lock needs these). Cost me about 300-350 (iirc).

I did the quest in DM with 3 locks, a mage and a priest...was great fun. Probably the best quest i've done in the game so far. Was great when we had 3 lvl60 elites enslaved in the summoning circle. Definatly helped.

i bought the mats myself, but have since made 600g from the mats renting my services to other locks for 75 g per run. i cant get enough of the actual ritual, its great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I got my mount through AV because i was exhalted. The mount cost 9g and i think the riding skill was 640g. The AV mount used to be cheaper before they introduced the 75/150/225/300 riding skill system, but i only got exhalted with AV a week after that patch. Anybody remember how much epic mounts were before that?

A few weeks before TBC, i had a bit of gold to spare so got the proper human horse too. Made no real difference, just boosted my epeen a little :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

cance wrote:
    i bought the mats myself, but have since made 600g from the mats renting my services to other locks for 75 g per run. i cant get enough of the actual ritual, its great fun.
    I bought the mats too - never thought of renting out the service.

And the ritual is a rush all right, keeping everything going in the middle of a big battle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭chazbat1

I have a Level 60 Warrior, epic mount is a hard grind I got it pre BC and it cost 900g I have mining/skinning and it proved a nice money spinner.

skins sell for 80s - 2g a stack

Bars sell for up to 6g a stack on my server anyway.

I found it a hard grind but worth it in the end.

10999686.jpg

with the expansion out now i would highly suggest you wait before you buy your epic. the reason being i have recently ding'd 65 and have over 1958 gold sitting in my pockets...

i had 10g and 59 stacks of runecloth going through the portal. ( i bought out all the runecloth on my server 2-3 days before the xpac for 1-2 g for a stack and sold them for 150% on expac release. First aiders hated me.)

all the BOE greens, big money quests/drops and the usual trash netting about 100g a day. your epic will be insanely easier to afford at 63/64.

Depends on your server. On my server I find the greens I got really aren't selling very well. Found a few things that are easy to farm though that fetch a nice bit of cash.

koneko wrote:
    Depends on your server. On my server I find the greens I got really aren't selling very well. Found a few things that are easy to farm though that fetch a nice bit of cash.

well it very much depends on what you are trying to sell...

the green items in outlands are of two varieties. 1 item buff and >1 item buff.

any item with just +30/40 stamina/intelect/spirit can pretty much be sold off to a vendor as crap straight away. nobody is really interested in wearing lvl 58-60 items with just one increase to their relative spells.

the >1 item buff are the money makers, so long as they are level 60 and under. i find the lvl 60 and under stuff with good buffs (like +34 int and +34 stamina on cloth legs) give new lvl 60's good gear to wear in azeroth before they buy the expac. and in most cases i think its these people that are buying the greens.

thats just what i have found, but it probably is very server biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

oh wait, ive just noticed it is 600 gold for journeyman riding skill :eek:
    5000 gold for 300 riding skill and 200 for the mount.. i am all about the :( atm.. got a dodgy flying white gryphon tho..

Well to the OP. Just get a PvP Mount. 30 of each token from the battlegrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Warriors don't get mounts. You must pay like the rest of us.

100G for Normal, 700 or so for Epic. (OFC depending on whether you have Honored etc)

• Advertisement
Advertisement