Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 20GB PS3 for Europe, Sony reveals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

magick wrote:
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/01/25/sony_announces_euro_ps3_launch/

looks like we are gonna be forced to buy the "premium" model

Wasn't this mentioned a week or two ago already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

opps ,was on holidays then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

ah who are we kidding, the Irish would only ever buy the 60 gig version anyway. More money to Sony I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It was stated a week ago for the UK/Ireland, but not for all of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

honestly if the console was 750 euro people would still buy it, if someone wants it they will get it.

Not surprising that they are only releasing the 60 gig version, its the one the majority will want so it makes sense to focus production on that one.

I know if I was getting one i'd get the 60 gig one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

magick wrote:
    opps ,was on holidays then :D

Then this will be the thread you'll want...

PS3 €630 in Ireland threads (merged)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055042423

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i don't plan on buying one.
    the only game that looks any good is burnout 5 dont see much else
    I don't see what is so good about it. it seems to just be a ps2 with better grafix and if its grafix you want why not just buy a pc and then upgrade it with new grafix cards when they come out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

meh - I'm pretty sure that anyone looking to buy the console at launch would have been aiming for the 60gig model anyway - they're more likely to be hardcore gamers (and can see the benefits of buying the model) and they obviously have plenty of cash for the most part, so E100 extra isn't going to break the bank any more than the first E530 (+ E100-E200 for games/accessories etc.) will.

User45701 wrote:
    i don't plan on buying one.
    the only game that looks any good is burnout 5 dont see much else
    I don't see what is so good about it. it seems to just be a ps2 with better grafix and if its grafix you want why not just buy a pc and then upgrade it with new grafix cards when they come out.

Hmm... You will be able to get all of the PS3 games on the PC, that news to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

monument wrote:
    Hmm... You will be able to get all of the PS3 games on the PC, that news to me!

He said that people who were buying a PS3 for the "grafix"(sic) would be better off with a PC. He never said you could get the same games on both systems, everyone knows the PC (even with it's lackluster show recently) has the better games. :)

• Advertisement

He said that people who were buying a PS3 for the "grafix"(sic) would be better off with a PC. He never said you could get the same games on both systems, everyone knows the PC (even with it's lackluster show recently) has the better games. :)

It’s very much so arguably that PC games are better (and I wound say that many PC games are), but PlayStation games are what the majority know and love. :)

Although my reply was tongue-in-cheek, saying the console (or any new console) is only good for graphics while ignoring the different and/or exclusive games is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

User45701 wrote:

Ya clearly that is the better option, like take this latest nvidia card
    http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327330 only €9 more then a ps3 will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

tuxy wrote:
    Ya clearly that is the better option, like take this latest nvidia card
    http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327330 only €9 more then a ps3 will be.
    yeah thats a dx10 card and an entire generation ahead...
    "HD gaming starts when we say it starts" :p

meanwhile if you take lets say a 7800gtx (which is whats in the ps3) you could pick one up much cheaper. Oh and there is no point getting a ps3 without a hdtv so do include that too for making a more direct pc to console comparsion.

Advertisement