Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age Gap

• 25-01-2007 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people think of an agegap between boy 18 and girl 21 in a relationship?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Just wondering what people think of an agegap between boy 18 and girl 21 in a relationship?
    As long of both of you are fine with it then go ahead. A old friend in my class went out with a girl two older than him. He was in junior cert and she was a leaving cert student. She was very good looking and he was mock at. No one bother an eye lid and There parents were fine with it because they did not hide the relationship.
    Good luck we are in the 21h century, gone are the old outdated attitudes. yipee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hehe 3 years is nothing of a gap, as long as you are both happy then go for it. :) Don't pay any notice about what other people think about it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

makes no difference really, sure whats 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

as long as your both comfortable then 3 years is nothing....i was seeing a 33 year old man when i was 19......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

there's nothin wrong with that at all. I'm 21 and my girlfriend's 18..

well.. obviously I'm gonna say that then.. but seriously. tons of people are in relationships with much bigger age gaps. it doesn't mean anything

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No problem. Although you can be playful at times and use it with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

im 21 and my bfriend is 18. tho turns 19 in a month. (2.5 gap) but no one cares. anyhow as long as you dont mind it yerselves who cares what anyone else thinks., but if it bothers you from the start and is always on your mind its not gonna work out, i reckon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

You don't mind.
    She doesn't mind.
    The law doesn't mind.
    Whats the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Once the 18 year old isn't still in school. That's just a little weird for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Doesn't matter at all imo. There's a four year gap between myself and my gf. She's 22 I'm 26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Jezzz 18 and 21. no difference whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Pffft!! What about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

lol at this thread. Op, it's three years ffs! Maybe if you were 19 and she was 16 it could be a different story, but it aint!

Your free and legal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since you came here for advice I must say NO! What are people gonna think? How will you be able to show yourself at church on Sunday? The shame, the shame!*

*Is this what you thought we were going to say? Don't worry mate, it's perfectly ok and healthy. If she was 45, then maybe someone would object.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

I'm 21, she's 26, dude, it's fine, don't worry.

It is much easier when you have things like school and college outta the way though. I'm finished college and working and it's way better now that we are both working. 4yrs 11months difference, it's only a number.

As someone said, it's not like one of you is 20 and the other is 16, I'd have a problem there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Im 21 and shes 18, so I wouldnt worry about it man, I havent a problem with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

3 years is cool Homeboy anything above that is edgy but go for it G Dogg!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That isn't even an age gap! :D

But I know, at 18, 21 seems like a long way away. OP, it's really and truly nothing. And if the fact that it's the girl who's older is a concern, well that's an outdated attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Three years is nothing and some guys just seem to get on well with older girls. First girl I kissed when I was 12 was 16, when I was 17 I went out with a 21 year old, went out with a girl who's three years older than me for last two years (it's over now) and now like a 35 year old and a 23 year old - I'm 28 and it neither age gap bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I was hit on by a girl 8 years younger then me once, when I told her my age she didn't seem to mind. It's all up to the person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Steyr wrote:
    anything above that is edgy

No it aint:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

omg 3 years ! peado !

Jasus, thats nothing at all. even 10 years is nothing. Its all about the people involved. Are they of the same mental age, do they click.

Its all gravy, dont worry.

Advertisement