Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Mobile 5.0 vs Bluetooth Headset???

• 25-01-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

After much careful consideration I've chosen this Forum for my post, but I could be wrong, so move if so mods, thanks.

Just ordered a PDA (Dell Axim™ X51v-624 MHz). It has WM5.0 aswell as bluetooth, and wireless technologies integrated.
    To cut a long story short I hope to use this as a portable SKYPE device aswell as other things.

I've been looking to get a bluetooth headset that's compatible and have found loads of info that basically says that WM5.0 does not fully support pairing with a bluetooth device for audio playback, specifically for use as a SKYPE headset.

I did note that these webpages were at least a year old, so Microsoft may have solved this issue, but am wondering if any one has any experience with this and if so can let me know.

Many thanks,
    Cian

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

moved since no replies on windows forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

coghlac3 wrote:
    I've been looking to get a bluetooth headset that's compatible and have found loads of info that basically says that WM5.0 does not fully support pairing with a bluetooth device for audio playback, specifically for use as a SKYPE headset.

That wouldn't be my experience with WM5. I have an O2 XDA Atom and it paired up with my bluetooth headset without problem. The only thing it can't do is work with voice dialling.

As for playback, to the best of my knowledge, your WM5 device needs to support the stereo headset bluetooth profile (A2DP, I think it's called). I have no experience with Skype, but I have been able to play back sounds on my bluetooth headset (which is mono - plantronics M300). I haven't tried the microphone function, apart from a making a phonecall.

Try the PocketPCthoughts.com forum - there's some very knowledagble people over there who may be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I have the same model dell and skype seems to work fine on it, although i've just tested a limited number of times. Never tried a bluetooth headset with it. If you check the forums on aximsite.com theres been a lot of work done to provide improved bluetooth support by replacing the microsoft bluetooth software on the x51 with the widcomm stack and software. Installed the new software myself recently, very easy, as far as i know it adds a2dp support, but you'll have to check the details yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Great responses. PDA delivery due on Wednesday next (7/2) so will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all the help. If you have a link to the particular article on Aximsite, that would be great.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=122247

if you look around the forums there you should find lots of axim x51 related info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

your right about the a2dp issue,i recently bought a stereo bt headset on adverts and after a lot of searching and time i found this site gerat for information and downloads,it worked for me so now i have full stereo audio over bluetooth

http://www.xda-developers.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I've found xda-developers to be more hassle than it's worth.

There's a good percentage of posters who are non-native English speakers, so you find you a lot of time deciphering posts and ignoring excessive use of exclamation marks.

Advertisement