Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dumb question re XBMC

• 25-01-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have a bit of a dumb question about XBMC. I have copied across a number of videos and a large amount of music. However when I use my XBMC, the only way I can access them is by using the file explorer i.e. My Files, rather than the "My Videos" or "My Music". both of which show up as empty.

Where do I set it up that i can access these files from the folders I put them into.

any ideas ??

also how do I go about upgrading my version of XBMC ? Some sweet looking skins out there that just wont work on mine cause it's too old :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Right straight up in the setting there is an option for your Media files and where they are located!! ;)
    XBMC to get it updated check out http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/

If you need help there are automatic installers etc to use
    check out www.aideluxe.com (Automatic Installer Deluxe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

where location did you put your files?

anyhoo, from what i remember, you can also do this

try pressing the white button on the controller where you see the options DVD-Rom Drive, SMB Network Share etc... then select "add source", you should be able to then specify exactly where your media is located. This creates a shortcut to that location and will let you go straight to where yer files are...

you can do this for both the Video and Music sections...

I'm using the MC360 skin, so i know exactly what to do for that.... Are you using the project mahem skin? Cant remember exactly for that skin... If you have trouble I'll have a look when i get back from work and tell you exactly what to do

to upgrade XBMC simply download a torrent of the latest version. keep your eye at xbox-scene.com

the torrent will get you an archive of what you need.unpack it and ftp into your xbox and replace the old xbmc files with the new.

but make sure you back up your current version incase you arse something up...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

thanks for the replies. I read about pressing the whiteld'nt find button, but I could'nt find a white button either on screen or on the remote.....oh wait hang on....would that be the white button on the controller ???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

also....yep I'm I'm using the project mahem skin, so I'll have a good look around for a torrent of the latest skin. (any clues on which is the best torrent site to look for such a thing??)

thanks
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

also how do I go about upgrading my version of XBMC ? Some sweet looking skins out there that just wont work on mine cause it's too old :(

Try this ftp site:
    Address: xbmp.uk.xbins.org
    Username: xbins
    Password: homebrew

just look for the latest version of the actual XBMC application. the project mahem skin for XBMC will come packaged with it... not too sure if i can mention torrent sites here.... so i'll pm them to you.

if you want additional skins too, go to blackbolt

http://blackbolt.x-scene.com/index2.php

and download the MC360 skin. its what I use and it looks the same as the interface for the xbox 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i think the equiv. button on the remote is the one on the top left next where the 4 arrow buttons and the select button are.

go into video's, pictures or music and use this button to bring up the context menu (like right clicking in windows) and choose 'add source' and browse to your music/video/pics folder and add that. now select it and make it the default source and when you restart xbmc it will go straight there the next time you click on the music/video/pics option on the main screen.

P.S. I only found this out on monday. :)

vibe666 wrote:
    i think the equiv. button on the remote is the one on the top left next where the 4 arrow buttons and the select button are.
    P.S. I only found this out on monday. :)

aye,

should be the one named "title" on the remote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

danbhala wrote:
    aye,

should be the one named "title" on the remote
    that'll be it. i didn't have it to hand to check and i was on my way to bed when i posted last night. :)

Advertisement