Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antec P180-Enermax Galaxy 1000W

• 25-01-2007 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello guys, I have with me at the moment an Antec P180 case, and I've ordered as well one enermax galaxy. Today I noticed on internet the dimensions of that psu is 220mm lenth wise. the space the psu champer of antec is 219.6 and then its the fan. What do you think guys, will it fit ok with the cables not going inside the fan? or is there anything I can do about it? I wouldnt want to remove the fan because I put 3 hard-drives on that chamber.

Kindest regards
    Demetris Agathocleous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why do you need a 1000watt psu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 demetrisag

I ordered it, cause I'm gonna use the intel core extreme QUAD, the geforce 8800GTX and in the recent future get another geforce 8800GTX, and I also have 3 hardisk and 2 dvd writters. so I thought it would be the best, and the only brand I could trust to buy one is enermax. but now the case came I noticed the size at the psu chamber is smaller than I thought so I wanted to ask for opinions from you guys.

Best Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Overkill to be honest. 700W would be more then enough.

And yes the psu will fit. There are plently of people with 180's and the new huge enermax psu's. Its a very tight fit though. So dont be supprised if you have to drop kick the psu in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

just remove the middle fan? A dremel will also come in handy if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 demetrisag

thank you guys for your replys, I am very concern about that. Basically I want to have to fit without having to remove the fan because I have 3 hard-drives I want to put at the lower chamber and the fan is needed. the reason I cant put them at the top one is because of 8800GTX, the card is massive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

get a new case then, you aren't going to magically make more space inside it, your other alternative would be to cut out the space infront of the bottom HDD cage and put a fan there instead.

Advertisement