Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Spec limitation help?

Options
  • 25-01-2007 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was all set to get crackin' into the magical world of Eve when it turns out you have to pay 20 squid before you can start. I thought there'd be a trial period just so I could see if it ran on my laptop.
    Does anybody run Eve on similar specs ... Pentium M 1.4 , 752mb ram, no graphics card. :(
    I figure if it's like some games I could run it without shading and lighting effects, but I don't want to pay 20 to find out.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There is a trial period. 14 Days. It runs on my Dell 640m, intel graphics card, 1.68 Dual core, 1 gig ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is a trial account and you will probably need a graphics card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

you may have to drop a few settings with the intergrated GFX card but I have run it on worse, AND over 56k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

tba - That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Yeah, I know there's a trial period, but when I download the game, in order to start the trial period I have to pay 19.99 . Though maybe I'll just click the link above before jumping to any crazy conclusions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

no you sign up for the trial account 14 days and it emails you a code, also you dont have to pay the 19.99 for the account after the trial there are places where you can buy timecodes for as little as 11.00 for 30 days :D

Ok... I've been playing this all day. Classic. There seems to be a tiny slow down graphics wise, though I haven't turned anything off so it's running at full tilt. Hmmm.
    I'm thinking of being a ship builder and lording it over people in my space mansion! Wuhahahahahahaha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Ok... I've been playing this all day. Classic. There seems to be a tiny slow down graphics wise, though I haven't turned anything off so it's running at full tilt. Hmmm.
    I'm thinking of being a ship builder and lording it over people in my space mansion! Wuhahahahahahaha :)

im sorry but my rock of reality has to go through that window of dreams.

you would need to crack the current cartels in order to do anything of the like and that aint happening without a few thousand players going to war or 1 well placed person betraying them.

anyhow, you can make quite a lot of money in the low end ship market if you have a cheap source of minerals.

Join A Corp!

a jez Jaggeh, you're awfully serious at this time of night.

I'm totally lost in the game, it's fantastic. I went after some pirates in my ibis... ahahaha... nothing like the training missions, it was 8 on 1 and I got torn apart. Brilliant.

So how does this whole ship building thing work anyhows? I figure if I'm meant to build my own ships, then why not build one or two and sell them on for a small profit, eventually of course.

I'm still in my NPC run corp at the mo. Some guy asked me to join "uber wtfbbq..." or something like that. I figure it's gotsta be a lil bit suspect since I'm such a newbie, but I dunno how this game works compared to other RPGs.

• Advertisement

I'm still in my NPC run corp at the mo. Some guy asked me to join "uber wtfbbq..." or something like that. I figure it's gotsta be a lil bit suspect since I'm such a newbie, but I dunno how this game works compared to other RPGs.

Many small start up corps want newer players as they are more likely to contribute to the corporation. You should consider joining an empire based corp with a dozen or so members. The general rule is learn from others as they can distill out all the crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm still in my NPC run corp at the mo. Some guy asked me to join "uber wtfbbq..." or something like that.

Haha, bet it was Kilona? Join it, biatch! We'll look after you :)

"Uberwtfbbq and Battle Technologies" technically :)

check the corp recruitment thread its stickied. ship construction is easy all you need is this

Skills
    Industry 1

Items
    Ship blueprint copy(cheap with limited use) or original (expensive with unlimited use)
    and resources (bought from the market or recycled loot)

when you have all the materials the blueprint needs right click it and select 'manufacture'
    on the next dialogue you will be asked how you want to build it, click the pick installation button and select one of the green factory slots at the bottom.
    select where you want to take the resources from and where you want the product to be delivered to (if you are in a corp then these are important)
    then the last box is the number of the item you want to make.

if you have a copied blueprint it will have a 'run limit' and will expire when it reaches the limit. originals have infinite runs.

OR

get me to do it for you by joining my corp :P

Yeah it was Kilona. Had a good chat and the dude was rather helpful... I bookmarked the solarsystem anyhows, didn't want to warp there to find it was "Kilona's hallowed Newbie hunting ground of fun" or something. :D

It sounds like joining a Corp is really the way to go, it's a bit lonely in space (no-one can hear you scream y'know).

Is there a way to talk to another nearby pilot? I was having some issues with some guy destroying all the ships that I needed to destroy to get through the tutorial.. the guy kept blowing them up before I could even target them, would have been nice to tell him to quit it... and then threaten him with my rumoured Titan! Wuhahaha.

What Corp are you in Jaggeh?

Ceo of Salvage Team and Rig Suppliers [Star5] however we are tabling a motion to merge with another corp whose plan is identical to our own (would bring us up to 18 members)

if you are flying caldari or gallente i can provide free ships up to cruiser size and corp assistance on bigger ships (battlecruisers, battleships, mining barges, Tech2 etc)

Our headquarters are in Luminaire Federation navy assembly (2 jumps from oursalert one of the major hubs)

A merger eh? Exciting times at buddy cinnanci times then eh?

Advertisement