Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom is flying today

Options
  • 25-01-2007 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

decided to download 4 torrent files this morning @9am

[MOD EDIT] given BSG isn't available legally to download in Ireland I'll take this as piracy

last movie just finished 2 mins ago, thats about 2550mb

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Most peoples connection flies in the morning/daytime.
    Its peak times when this **** hits the fan in my area,whole bloody town slows to dial up speeds :(
    Damn eircom ,upgrade our exchange ffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

what speed line do you have? i have a 2mb line and i very very rarely get about 10 kbps even during the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

well maybe its so slow as people dont stop downloading like mad like they are in the day

Im on eircom 3mb line home professional package.
    Perfect speeds all day long,as i say once peak time arrives and everyone jumps online it slows down terribly and gives pings of 300-500 :(
    20-50 ping during day, its obvious the exchange is overloaded at peak times ,ive complained and complained over and over to eircom,they still havent addressed the problem.
    Its 5 MONTHS and counting of this problem.

For the record,the whole town suffers this issue which makes it even more bizzare.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dcully wrote:
    Im on eircom 3mb line home professional package.
    Perfect speeds all day long,as i say once peak time arrives and everyone jumps online it slows down terribly and gives pings of 300-500 :(
    20-50 ping during day, its obvious the exchange is overloaded at peak times ,ive complained and complained over and over to eircom,they still havent addressed the problem.
    Its 5 MONTHS and counting of this problem.

For the record,the whole town suffers this issue which makes it even more bizzare.

Have you tried Comreg?

• Advertisement

I havent no but i heard they will do nothing,is this the case?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dcully wrote:
    I havent no but i heard they will do nothing,is this the case?

Only one way to find out:) Surely if the whole town is affected you could get a few people to ring Comreg or even a TD or two? General election coming up and all that sort of thing. God lovers a trier!

http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/default.asp?NCID=51

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

what way do you guys have the modem settings set up to get such fast speeds?
    when downloading do u leave ur UPLOAD speed on max or does it make a difference to my downloading(download is set to max but upload is lower)

Advertisement