Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ditsu

Options
  • 25-01-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

so has anyone considered running for one of the three 'coveted' positions. im pretty sure nominations will be up soon. i seem to remember having an amazing debate here last year with someone, which ended with him announcing he would run for this years elections? considering that there were only three nominees last year, who incidentally all got elected (which im glad about, cause i like all three of them for the job), putting your name up might even be a bit of craic.

would anyone consider it?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'm intending at some point, i'm transfering back to a first year course, after working a bit with different su's, trinity and dit to a lesser extent, its a highly profotable and enjoyable endevour. do dit su peeps get free accom and wages like trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

wages yes, accomodation no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i'd prefer to cut my bollox off.

lucky you arent being forced to choose so...

do dit su peeps get free accom and wages like trinity?

Though they don't get free accommodation, their wages are (as I've been told) quite generous and is seen as one of the highest per SU in the Country.

Not that you should do something like this for benefits, however...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chavezirl

To potential applicants to the position of DITSU President. As a student of Kevin Street, the upper hierarchy or DITSU neglect Kevin Street. I am aware of the politics associated with the Snackery and so on. Not my concern. I remember quite clearly one Bob Goggins, calling for votes promising to make the SU for the students. All I see are miss managed shops and wasted resources. I hereby call on prospective applicants to think strongly about how they can add or change the organisation as it stands.

Failing that, I would say do not bother to apply, won't change anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, I think DITSU officers are the best paid in the country. No.. actually, I have a feeling that Tallaght's ones get paid more, but DIT are definitly well up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'd prefer to cut my bollox off.

consider yourself involuntarily nominated.

the outcome will be hilarious either way

chavezirl wrote:
    Failing that, I would say do not bother to apply, won't change anything.

Yes, because last years problem wasn't that there were a lack of nominees....

Advertisement