Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Webcam

Options
  • 25-01-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but here goes anyway. I'm looking to set up a way of setting up an outdoor webcam, something like a surf or snow cam, but in a very remote area. I really don't know where to start. All I know...and I'm not sure how possible this is....is that if possible we would like to have the camera set up on it's own & send the signal to some place, rather than have it feed directly into a pc/server....anybody know where to start?
    much appreciated!

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You'd need a clearer idea of what you want to do first really .First thing .... it won't be cheap to do anyway half right.
    Where was the " someplace " you were thinking of sending it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

What you need is an IP Camera which you can setup to stream it's video from. However depending on where you are mounting it, you may need a waterproof housing for it.

Could you give a little more detail as to what you are thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes an IP camera connected by broadband a router with port forwarding and dynamic dns.

Put the ddns name into your browser and you should get the ip cameras picture.

Advertisement