Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro and Number Display

Options
  • 25-01-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just got off the phone with Digiweb support. I rang them to find out if it could be set up on the system for my number not to be displayed on caller ID units IE come up as private number or number withheld on mobile phones etc. I was told at this moment in time it was not, that this function along with some others were still been tested. Can anyone shed any light on this please.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you want to use Western Union and some other stuff you NEED the CLI active.
    at this moment in time it was not, that this function along with some others were still been tested

Seems clear to me that they will increase features for users in the future from what support are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

I had it on BT. Never needed it turned on but I believe you could put a code befor the number you were dialing that would allow your CLI to be displayed. Would seem a very basic but important function to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No Doubt CLI control, Conferencing, Alarm calls, forwarding and voice mail etc will be activated.

I wonder does the voice mail/ answering service use the message light on Modem?

Voice recognition dialling might be handy, but I suspect it is not on the feature list.

Do people really like additional call / existing call parking feature some operators have?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Never used them myself but could see a reason to have them if someone had a small business running from home. But I dont think your average home user would have any use for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

i have had my problems with them but the phone service is currentlt ok. itemised billing and message service would surely be a minimum requirement in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

its one of those things that no one seems to care about/therefore customer services never know

with eircom at home (ex directory thus CLI restricted by default) if I prefix the dialled number with 143 (or is it 143) it activates CLI for that one call

Advertisement