Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting the An Post GPO?

Options
  • 25-01-2007 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

They're really light on contact details on their website, and I've been told by two posties that the customer service email is a big black hole.

In short, a big package from my fiance has been in the mail for six weeks from the US and is presumed lost. Due to how USPS handles mail, I'm forced to assume the package is somewhere in Ireland if it's still intact and exists. It's important as there's a packet of financial paperwork in it that I need for my visa application, without it I can wave goodbye to any chances of it for six months or so.

Feh.

If anyone can provide me with any info - or if you work at the GPO itself - I will be in your eternal debt if you can help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

1850 575859 Customer Postal enquires. May be of some help to you, quicker than emailing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

If ups were handling the parcel from the states,perhaps they were delivering instead of an post at this end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

USPS

I was confused myself at first, UPS is a courier serivce, while USPS is the regular mail service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

6-7 weeks is about average for a large parcel sent by international surface mail which I assume this has been.

A supplier of mine sent a large consignment of greeting cards by standard mail early last September and they arrived in Mid November. Standard published time by the US Post office is 6 weeks average so I wouldn't be too concerned about it just yet. As for An Post trying to find it - no chance and not their responsibility. An Post will normally deliver within 2/3 days of the parcel arriving in the country.

Advertisement