Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Fancy a Game of GoW?

• 25-01-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Hows it going guys -

myself and a mate of mine have been really getting into GoW online, but we keep running into American fcktards - no offense - and obviously we're playing against random punters all the time - I wouldn't mind playing against the same people for a while. So what I was thinking was, would anyone be interested in getting a team together and organising some regular matches? If we get enough people we could have a tournament or something. Sorry if this has been done to death already, couldn't find any threads. If you're interested, PM me, or add me: tbh2006 - if you can't make a team of four, just let me know and if we get enough people we'll just form teams at random.

anyone in?

tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

sorry, should have specified that this probably won't be for a couple of days till we get everything sorted. The ideal situation (for me) would be to get about 32 people or so, and make 8 teams of four and have a round-robin tournament type-thing. So, if you can make up your own team, brilliant, and if not, that's cool too, just let me know and we'll assign people as they join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got your message on Live. (Alkers here). I'm up for it. I could probably make a team if need be but we'd be all playing on the same xbox (possibly two) and are not of a good standard. I'm up for it individually or whatever as well. Even just for the odd game without making it to serious an affair.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Simona1986 wrote:
    ...and are not of a good standard.
    That bit I can manage at least. I'm up for a game if I'm about though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep add me. Gamertag is Rob Velocity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'm going on now, add me: Alkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

wont be on tonight but will probably be on tomorrow if you are playing
    gamertag: nollaig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah yeah, a bit of GOW never goes down badly. Add me and let me know what the craic is... tag is "frankotron9000" ... I think... I hope... I'm pretty sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Can you put me down for this, I think I'm in your friends list tbh

*edit* - sorry GT = KTRIC ;)

I'm just a bullet cushion to be honest and I can look quite decorative whilst standing about and getting shot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd be up for it too if the time suites i.e if I'm around

Tag: kearnsr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You're on my friends list already, if I'm on I'm up for it, but to be honest I'll probably still be busy playing Burning Crusade for the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

sounds good,

add me Aido82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Sounds good, add me too. Ill add the rest of the guys here. I would love to do the same thing for Rainbow 6 Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Yea add me too, I'd be definately up for it. I'm on most evenings.

GamerTag: J7rain

tbh what is your gamer tag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

id be up for this

im currently pretty useless at the game online and its no real fun coming up against arogant yanks who pick you off from 100 yards constantly lol

Whats your Gamer Tag Helix? I ahvent played GOw in a while but would love to get back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

h3lx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Moojuice:
    tbh wrote:
    If you're interested, PM me, or add me: tbh2006

Thanks, didnt see that. Sorry!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Im in. I'll add all later. GamerTag below.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Im up for this

Gamertag: CiaranC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I'm in.

I may not play the tournament but I will certainly play you at a few rounds :D

My tag: Gallant Gutrot

Add me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

im in ...gonna add a few gamertags from here, my tag is harthacanute

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So when is this all going down?

Great stuff - good to see so many replies :) Sorry it's been a while since I've been on, I'm in the middle of a house move at the moment, so I'm temporarily out of broadband. What I'll do is leave the thread open until - say - thursday, then we'll have a look at how many people are interested, get the teams sorted and have a look at playing at some stage next week - of course, now we have the tags, we can all add each other and invite each other to games when we're on. But the plan for this is that we say something like, Wednesday, 7:30 - everyone be on at that time.

Just as a straw poll, what day/time would suit most people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Some of us had a few rounds there on friday night, good laugh. Id prefer it to be after 9 pm on week days if possible, if not then weekends is fine,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm busy with college / work between Mon - Wed, so any evening (preferably weekends) suit me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I added a few of ye guys there, MASTER CHIMP 01, unfortunatly my gameplaying hasnt improved...

Also preferably weekends.

cool - just heard I'll get my connection on the 12th of Feb, might be sooner, fingers crossed. Can't wait to get back into it myself - I'm not that good myself by any stretch of the imagination, it'll just be nice to play against Irish players for a change...

• Advertisement

Sounds good tbh.
    I lent my copy to someone for the next week or so. But I am all in when I get it back. I'm not too concerned with winning, just having a good game (e.g. I'm not that good.......). Last good one I has was with a bunch of Irish lads.

Advertisement