Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Fancy a Game of GoW?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Moojuice wrote:
    Sounds good tbh.
    Last good one I had was with a bunch of Irish lads.

:D Funny :D

I know what ya mean, the american dudes seem to take it way to seriously, and then keep trash talking - hate that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Yeah the Americans are mainly teenagers talking crap. Had one good game with a guy from New York. He was older and pretty sound.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moojuice wrote:
    Yeah the Americans are mainly teenagers talking crap. Had one good game with a guy from New York. He was older and pretty sound.

Was playing one day a while back and had to put up with the American teens. "OMG I am so going to chainsaw you". Urge to kill... rising... rising.
    Im around whenever for a game (last week of college holidays at the moment). This weekend sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

yep im on for it, add me if yis want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

fastest way to add the gamer tags is to log onto www.xbox.com, sign in with your live id (email address you registered xbox live with), go to your profile and add friends, just copy and paste them in, so much faster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Might be nice to sort out a few teams from this thread... nothing cooler then planning out some tactics and getting some team spirit going. Also adds to that nice competitive element :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

just add me. tag in sig there

Just bumping this up. Are we going to do a league or tournament? We could keep it simple, make teams and once teams are matched aginst each other, leave it up to the teams to organise a time to play. As soon as i get my copy of GOW back ill be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Moojuice wrote:
    Just bumping this up. Are we going to do a league or tournament? We could keep it simple, make teams and once teams are matched aginst each other, leave it up to the teams to organise a time to play. As soon as i get my copy of GOW back ill be on.

yeah that's exactly what I think would be good. I'm getting broadband back on the 12th of Feb, so I'll run with it then, in the meantime feel free to get yer game on! Is there anyone with web skills that could maybe throw something together? just a list of teams, and maybe results - something simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is anyone here capable of stringing together a site (or page) with a tournament tree on it with teams etc ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any day except Wednesday after 9 mid week and any time weekends suits me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

Just fired off a load of friends request guys, please add me......I bleed like a stuck pig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I've totally been looking for something like this. Good work lads. I'm sick of playing against those cheating american bastards. (no offence) LEt us know what the details will be anyways, and add me please.

Gamertag: richiepunx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

I'll play, don't mind the Americans too much though, they're funny sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

hi

is anyone up for a team battle of call of duty later on around 9pm?

I might be on later if I dont go to training tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

Yeah we need to get some get some structures put in place, maybe if everyone give a day and time they are available (90% guaranteed) people can then be divided up according to you time slot, these different time slot team can then play in a league against other time slot teams in a once a week tourney or something???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Gamertag: Defcol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,707 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I think some organisation is needed.
    What about we designate three times or so : one in the evening, one around midnight (for the night owls amongst us), one at some point during the weekend. Itd be fairly easy for everyone to find one time that would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

ok then lets say 10:30 tonight then ?????????

• Advertisement

weedhead wrote:
    ok then lets say 9 tonight then ?????????

Works for me

Yep, I'll be on tonight at 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Was on now just there for a while. Will be on at 9 I'd say unless I go out so should be still around at 10.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Who's got the best connection to host the game so? If they set up a private match so only the boards people get on we'll be laughing. I'm on standard Eircom 2meg/512
    I've added a few ppl there. You can use www.xbox.com to add people and type up a decent message so we all end up together later.

I have a 6mb Smart connection. I wouldn't mind hosting a game tonight if anyones interested.

Gamertag is "ktric" if you want to add me. Should be online around 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm dying :) get broadband on the 12th, so I'll be in from then, it's killing me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I keep missing this. Have a work thing tonight

Any one around tomorrow afternoon?

Might be on tonight if im not going out. Should be around tomorrow though.
    Last one was a good laugh. Nice and evenly matched teams for a change.

• Advertisement

I will be on from now on and off till around 9 at least I'd say.

Advertisement