Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Football (27th,28th)

• 25-01-2007 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Looking for 3 bankers :D gonna try these 3 :

Werder Bremen v Hannover 96 (Home win @ 1/3) (look at the league table)
    Rangers V Hearts (Home win @ 8/13) (new manager, looking decent of late)
    Heybridge Swifts v Slough (home win @ 1/3) (Slough beaten at home the other day 5-0 and on -37 goals, surely a banker if ever there was 1)

:D Not a great price for this treble but 200 gets me back 574.36 (pp)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Seems good although I would worry abit about Rangers.

Stick Berwick In to beat East Stirling not much at 1/4 but id say it is a safe bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭wba88

Id advise to stay away from the FA Cup anyway, i hate it, anything can happen........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Seems good although I would worry abit about Rangers.

Stick Berwick In to beat East Stirling not much at 1/4 but id say it is a safe bet.

I see what your saying, but i feel that with Walter Smith been the new manager things are looking a lot better than a month ago.It is a bit risky but the 8/13 looks attractive to me i have to say. ;)

wba88 wrote:
    Id advise to stay away from the FA Cup anyway, i hate it, anything can happen........

Totally Agree with ya, hence the reason why ive stayed well clear of it :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 wardy2007

i agree wit u that is a v attractive treble the only doubt for me would be the slough game i mean the standard of football is pretty pathetic there nd can u really trust heybridge swifts??...i am optin 4 a more dangerous treble consistin of auxerre -v- nancy (evs @home???)...villarreal -v- real madrid (goin 4 madrid at 10/11) they seem to be hittin form at mo nd wit barca not firin on all cylinders at the top maybe they could capatalise??..nd gillingham -v- tranmere (goin 4 gills at 11/8)...i know they are dodgy games but for a 100euro stake the return of 906.82 is attractive???...best of luck wit ur trble although i cant say id ever bet on the huns!!!!

• Advertisement

wardy2007 wrote:
    i agree wit u that is a v attractive treble the only doubt for me would be the slough game i mean the standard of football is pretty pathetic there nd can u really trust heybridge swifts??...i am optin 4 a more dangerous treble consistin of auxerre -v- nancy (evs @home???)...villarreal -v- real madrid (goin 4 madrid at 10/11) they seem to be hittin form at mo nd wit barca not firin on all cylinders at the top maybe they could capatalise??..nd gillingham -v- tranmere (goin 4 gills at 11/8)...i know they are dodgy games but for a 100euro stake the return of 906.82 is attractive???...best of luck wit ur trble although i cant say id ever bet on the huns!!!!

Tricky Treble, im sick of getting all but 1 up every week so im looking for 3 teams that have a good chance of winning, dont really care bout the odds... a winner is a winner as they say. If we get greedy we be dissapointed most weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

For me Bolton to beat Aresnal 4/1 dram no bet..... Aresnal have a very poor record against Bolton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Topcat101 wrote:
    For me Bolton to beat Aresnal 4/1 dram no bet..... Aresnal have a very poor record against Bolton.

Not at home though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

wardy2007 wrote:
    god, my head hurts after reading that

wba88,good advice,i`m keeping well clear of the FA cup

Double for me today

Derby vs Bristol Rovers 1/3
    Cardiff vs Leicester 4/5

30pts @ 2.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭wba88

Ok lads i wanna try something here, i have put together a list of 30+ bets (mainly soccer) this weekend (as you will see i am stearing well clear of the FA Cup coz i hate betting on it) and i want to see how many come out on top, so to prove i dont cheat i will list them here:

Galatasaray 3/10
    Juventus 3/10
    Heybridge Swifts 1/3
    Coleraine 8/11
    Doncaster 8/13
    Lincoln 8/11
    Woking 7/5
    Hyde 6/5
    Salisbury 4/9
    Braintree 4/7
    Hendon 13/8
    Werder B 1/3
    Panathinaikos 1/6
    Berwick 1/4
    AFC Telford 2/7
    Maccabi Haifa 4/11
    Club Brugge 3/10
    Getafe 10/11
    Genk 2/11
    Lyon 1/5
    Corinthians 1/5
    Feyenoord 1/5
    AC Milan 1/4
    Fiorentina 8/15
    Roma 1/3
    Olympiakos 1/10
    Palmeiras 2/9
    Sao Paulo 4/9
    Barcelona 2/7
    Santos 1/5
    Walsall 4/9
    Dumbarton 4/6
    R. Federer 1/7
    Gloucester 1/6
    Leicester 1/10

By the first K.O. (2:45pm) i will have split these up into goliaths, heinz's etc. If anyone has any tips or advice plz post. Ill try update the results before the wkend is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My bets this weekend are...

Bet One

Chelsea and Man Utd to win @ 1.57

Bet Two

Luton v Blackburn
    Birmingham v Reading - Draw
    Barnet v Plymouth
    Blackpool v Norwich - Draw
    Tottenham v Southend
    West Ham v Watford
    Rangers v Hearts
    Bristol City v Middlesbrough

28 doubles done at 20 cent a pop!

Bet Three

Luton v Blackburn
    Bristol City v Middlesbrough
    Ath Madrid v Santander

3 doubles there.

Bet Four

Tottenham v Southend
    Man Utd v Pompey
    Chelsea v Nottm Forest
    Derby v Bristol Rovers
    Barcelona v Celta Vigo

Ten trebles there.

Blackburn 1-0 up so not the worst start ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Chance three for the cup!

Plymouth 4/5
    Birmingham 7/5
    Blackpool 11/8

Have 6,000 on Middlesbrough draw no bet @ 1/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Have 6,000 on Middlesbrough draw no bet @ 1/3
    :eek: good luck you mad bastard;)

I'm gonna start my own thread see how I get on. The 6,000 I won In the last few days had bet's done like Chealsea -1, did NFL bet's stuff like that.

But It looks like me betting big Is over as when I went to do last bet he was very long on the phone and the person In the head office was asking how much I won In the last few weeks.

And I have cheque for 5,500 In my pocket that I didnt even change yet.

**** not looking good.

I'm gonna start my own thread see how I get on. The 6,000 I won In the last few days had bet's done like Chealsea -1, did NFL bet's stuff like that.

But It looks like me betting big Is over as when I went to do last bet he was very long on the phone and the person In the head office was asking how much I won In the last few weeks.

And I have cheque for 5,500 In my pocket that I didnt even change yet.

**** not looking good.

Why dont u change bookie's? you obviously have that particular firm scared every time they see your mug walking in the door with a suitcase full of Money.

Double for me today

Derby vs Bristol Rovers 1/3 :)
    Cardiff vs Leicester 4/5 :)

30pts @ 2.4

:D

Advertisement