Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Perlico

Options
  • 25-01-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

So we called Perlico last night (they were open at about 8 or so :D) and switched from eircom to them. We are getting the full phone package and broadband.
    Now our BB is with BT, wsa 2mb thoough going with the perlico 1mb line as its free for 3 months... i can always up it after that if i like.

Anyway i sort out eircom but i need to cancel BT. They said that i can always wait until they connect me and then cancel BT so i do not loose service. Is that possible? Im assuming it will still cost that months broadband with BT.

Anyway the question is, apart from the obvious problems getting through to BT to cancel etc... are there any hidden charges or anything to when i cancel?

Also whats perlico like as a company and is their broadband good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ha, I like that you ask are they any good after switching to them. Most people seem to do that here.

TBH I don't know if the broadband is good but we have Perlico 180 for 56K and we always get connected (which is better than some ISP's) and we always get the top 56K speed (again some ISP's can manage this, idiots).

BTW, Perlico customer support isn't exactly fantastic. We are still being billed for eircom's flatrate 56K service even though we canceled it before switching and have told Perlico to take it off the bill but they have not and its been two months.

Overall though, happy with the service for phone if they'd sort out the billing issue, everything would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Muck!!!!!!!!!!!! Avoid Like Plague!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well its too late... to be honest we joined because they were by far the cheapest we came across.
    I do not even play online games any more so as long as i have some broadband i will be happy.
    brim4brim are you expecting perlico to cancel your eircom flat rate? If so why? Just do it on their site, there is an option for it. Might be just an email form but it will be done within a day or so. My parents did that when they got BB from BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

We did it with eircom before moving to Perlico. eircom said it was done and they say that its Perlico's problem now and refuse to do anything.

Contacted Comreg who say that Perlico should do it for us.

Contacted Perlico and say its eircoms fault, explained above to them and then the guy says its done. Nothing changes. Repeat.

Advertisement