Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Wireless Broadband Voyager 2100

Options
  • 25-01-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭

I wonder if anyone can has had a similar experiance to me regarding the BT wireless broadband router - the BT Voyager 2100.

My friend got BT broadband recently and had a wireless router shipped to him yesterday. I went down earlier to install it expecting no problems.

When I turned on the router I found that my laptop would pickup the signal for a couple of seconds and then it would disappear. This would happen on and off. It would never have the signal long enough for me to configure WEP. I had the laptop sitting right beside the router and same thing happened. The wired link to the router worked fine - could surf the web, no problems.

Anyone have any comments or similar experiance? Faulty router??

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Think that's the model I have - can't check now as someone's sleeping in the room!

No problems like you describe, but signal is erratic in places around the house - we have thick walls/chimneys though.

Not your ornery onager

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Problem is probably as a result of the BT wireless software and Windows wireless software having a battle to the death. Neither will win, it's all so pointless :/

Answer: disable one of them.

Advertisement