Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php

Options
  • 25-01-2007 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have developed a php script on my localhost using an apache server, php5, mysql5.0. When I run the script on the server it comes up with the message :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

I have tried everything to get around this but without luck. Any ideas?

My second question has to do with when I add the locally developed php file to my live website through my hosting interface and try to locate it through internet explorer, it just says 'page not found' error 404. Is it sufficient to add it to the root folder where all the html files are, or should it go somewhere else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Have you installed mysql as a service/is it running as a service when you test the script?

And are you sure your hosting package supports php?

For the record, you're best finding out what php/mysql versions your hosting package supports, because developing on php5 and mysql5.0 is all well and good, until you upload and discover your hosting only supports versions 3/4 or each...this will result in a world of [uncensor]****[/uncensor]...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On your local machine, PHP5 doesn't come configured with mysql support out of the box. Google for "Configuring PHP extensions in php.ini" and you should get the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Alternatively, if you're not much of a "techie", Google "xampp", it'll install php4 and mysql4/5 straight off, and you wont need to configure a thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

you haven't compiled it in with the PHP install, or you haven't clicked MYSQL support in on the windows installer. I've only ever installed it locally with lighttpd on linux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Silly me, i forgot to enable php on the web options!

Thanks for the advice though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement