Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No BF2 on my lcd :o (

Options
  • 25-01-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

HI
    I cant play BF2 on my lcd (Targa). I am able to play other games. But when i try to load game it just jumps back to desk top.I have changed resolution in the game to match my screen.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

f1refox wrote:
    HI
    I cant play BF2 on my lcd (Targa). I am able to play other games. But when i try to load game it just jumps back to desk top.I have changed resolution in the game to match my screen.

Is this a new LCD that's replacing an earlier screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It is well known for bf2 to Crash to desktop and many times it can be sorted by reapplying 1.4 patch. The other thing that I would suggest is to update directx or test it atleast to be sure. And finally update your display drivers.

p.s. Do a manual update of punkbuster, I just re-read your post. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Hal1 wrote:
    It is well known for bf2 to Crash to desktop and many times it can be sorted by reapplying 1.4 patch. The other thing that I would suggest is to update directx or test it atleast to be sure. And finally update your display drivers.

p.s. Do a manual update of punkbuster, I just re-read your post. ;)
    As said above... very much doubt its the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I had the same problem a while ago just make sure BF2 matches your current refresh rate.
    It crashes to desktop as soon as it goes through opening movies (if you haven't disabled them) if your current refresh rate is different than your current video.con file.

You can find the config files on your rig here

x\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yeah BF2 doesnt like you chaning monitors. Best to reinstall tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

I will try reinstall. This my set up. I have my XPS M1710 connected to a 40" lcd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

You could try BF2 cleaner. It will clean out the logo cache and save you having to do it manually.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There's never a need to reinstall after changing monitors, just delete your profils in /my docs/BF2/ and restart the game.

In fact, if you reinstall without dfeleting this folder then you'll continue to have the same problem

Advertisement