Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saved games in the wrong order...

• 26-01-2007 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

so annoying. when i save a game and go back to it its way down the list. I have 220 saved games now and have to scroll through them all nearly to find mine. There seems to be no pattern to it.

any found a solution to this. oh and i deleted a lot of them but this took ages and i only added more again so not an ideal solution...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

quarryman wrote:
    There seems to be no pattern to it.

Does that include the date?

This happened to me last sat, took a while to figure out that the power had been cut to the xbox for a few mins which caused the problem.
    It reverted back to 2005 date, so all my latest saved stuff was ending up at the bottom as it was dated 2005.
    Changing the date back correctly sorted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

220!!!!!! holy ton of saved games batman

Keep 3 or 4 per character and just overwrite them every time you save. That's how I handle it but B is probably correct as to why they jumped down the list. The ol' time stamp

3 or 4!?
    what if something happens and you need to go back a few hours? You're screwed.
    I'm a lazy girl and just kept new saving.
    I have 850 :D
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Beruthiel wrote:
    3 or 4!?
    what if something happens and you need to go back a few hours? You're screwed.
    I'm a lazy girl and just kept new saving.
    I have 850 :D
    lol
    I have 2, plus a quicksave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

well if ya save every hour (autosave saves quite regularly in between) with the 4 save games you'd have a save game at least 4 hours old. I've never had to go back 4 hours in gameplay, maybe an hour but never 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Blowfish wrote:
    I have 2, plus a quicksave.

Thats exactly what I did.

The rest of you are crazy.

Zillah wrote:
    The rest of you are crazy.

Something I never deny :D

Advertisement