Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new data card from 3 and moto Vxxx

• 26-01-2007 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

right lads,

i was onto 3 today and finally got my 6680 unlocked. amazing.......
    they also coaxed me into an upgrade and i got a moto Vxxx (purely for the HSDPA), i also got a 3 data card,.
    so the question is can i use the 3 data card sim in the moto to use the web on my lappie, .? i know its a long way round , but apparently i can get hi speed coverage in my remote spot in the sticks they said.

any opinion?
    if things dont work, i will have to refund both products and just get a N73.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I have some personal experience with doing the same kind of thing: I tried the Vodafone 3G Broadband SIM card in a Vodafone 3G mobile.

It worked perfectly, and I was able to connect via bluetooth. There is no reason that I can think of that the same would not also be the case with 3, after all it's just a standard SIM card, nothing special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

hi there mate

sounds promising then, apart from a double whammy bill of 49.99 and 40e a month. just need a bluetooth dongle now, cant use the data card on laptop as no pcmcia slot of course.

If your laptop doesn't have bluetooth built in, you might as well just use a data cable, instead of bothering with an external bluetooth dongle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

hey urban,

so, does this not get abit messy, using two seperate sim cards for voice and data? swapping them around ?
    i asked 3 can they get me a sim for broadband access and they said, what??
    so i just ordered the data card and will do the moto swap thing.

I suppose you could dedicated the V3xx for use as a modem, that way you wouldn't' have to swap sim cards around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I see that 3 Ireland are offering both the Motorola v3xx and LG830 on prepay: I would like to buy one or other of these and stick my datacard SIM in to use as a bluetooth modem with my macBook. Anyone have any knowledge, experience or comments to offer regarding this?

I have got the MacBook working with my Nokia 6300 and SE v800 but these are both officially supported phones and nevertheless required a little tweaking before they worked. But of course, neither offers HSDPA.

Advertisement