Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info?

Options
  • 26-01-2007 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

anyone recommend a decent hotel in Kilkenny. Coming down in March so not too expensive but central. Any recommendations for what to do at night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not too expensive but pretty central: Kilkenny Inn on Vicar st. www.kilkennyinn.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

vkid wrote:
    anyone recommend a decent hotel in Kilkenny. Coming down in March so not too expensive but central. Any recommendations for what to do at night?

Kilford Arms is central, Not expensive, Decent Enough. Boston Bar John st is
    a great B+B and right in the middle of the city. what to do at night??

Everything!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

unless ur into drinking, thers not much 2 do in Kilkenny. Theres only the cinema and ................. well dats it really. Nothin else. nada, zilch, zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

wobbles wrote:
    unless ur into drinking, thers not much 2 do in Kilkenny. Theres only the cinema and ................. well dats it really. Nothin else. nada, zilch, zero

And the cinema's sh*te. Four screens showing nothing but tat only teenagers want to see.

I don't think anyone comes to Kilkenny for anything but the drinking though, do they?

Nah. Even the night clubs are crap in kilkenny. Langtons is too expensive, neros is just a hole and the rest.............. well. I dont like the fact that you have to walk half way across town just to get to another club. IM in college in waterford and all the best clubs are with 100 - 150 metres of each other, along with heaps of fast food places. Whats in kilkenny but a measly supermacs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

wobbles wrote:
    Nah. Even the night clubs are crap in kilkenny. Langtons is too expensive, neros is just a hole and the rest.............. well. I dont like the fact that you have to walk half way across town just to get to another club. IM in college in waterford and all the best clubs are with 100 - 150 metres of each other, along with heaps of fast food places. Whats in kilkenny but a measly supermacs
    Is that why half of dublin come down on the weekends to kilkenny?
    :rolleyes:

ppl form dublin only come down ta drink. Theres nothing wrong with the pubs in kilkenny. Theres actually a good selection to chose from. Its the night clubs that are crap.

Night clubs are crap pretty much everywhere, regardless of how close they are to each other.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Stephen wrote:
    Night clubs are crap pretty much everywhere, regardless of how close they are to each other.

Couldn't agree more I have to say :)

I think one's dislike of nightclubs increases in proportion to their age :)

• Advertisement

I've always hated 'em, and I'm only 24!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Same here. Even when I was underage, I hated the venue, nero's etc.

I especially hate Langtons these days. I used to go out on Thursday nights and noticed in latter times that that woman who loves taking money off people at the door was sitting there til 2am. Flippin' ridiculous. Especially when on Thursday nights it's normally just locals who are out and nobody new's going down to the nightclub after around 1am anyway. End of rant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

wobbles wrote:

wow, Egon Ronay couldn't have provided us with a better critique...I mean they only have Supermacs...tut tut.

Advertisement