Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with eastern europeans around town

Options
  • 26-01-2007 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend any good pubs around dublin city centre that are frequented by czechs, polish, latvians etc..?
    peferably ones that have decent strong beer and vodka at better prices than usual pubs also.
    any help appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's one in Salthill, check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Sorry, meant to mention, around dublin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bumped over from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

There's a polish bar down around parnell St., near fibbers I think.

Also a couple of the bars on o'connell st. now offer polish and czech beers, presumably to attract the crowd who feel homesick for the old beers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chop^chop

The Czech Inn(used to be Isoldes Tower) opposite the Turks Head just off Parliment St, is full of Czechs and Poles.It has a good selection of beers and voldka, you can get Czech food there during the day aswell.
    Theres a Polish bar on Capel St but i can't remember the name of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

chop^chop wrote:
    The Czech Inn(used to be Isoldes Tower) opposite the Turks Head just off Parliment St, is full of Czechs and Poles.It has a good selection of beers and voldka, you can get Czech food there during the day aswell.
    Theres a Polish bar on Capel St but i can't remember the name of it.

Blu Note - but it only offers polish and slovak food one day of the week as far as I know, don't know about the beer situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The Czech iInn is a bit rough these days. I've been in a few times, and I've often seen fights. Last time I was in, some guy got glassed in the face. I haven't been back since. I used to love Isoldes Tower.. bit of a shame.

The Polish bar on Parnell Street is called Zagloba. They have live music on a few nights a week. Seems to do a roaring trade. I've been in a couple of times. It's on the right hand side, past the post office, as you're walking from O'Connell Street to Gardiner Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Isn't there a few near Capel Street and also some out around Camden Street and Wexford Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

There is a Russian Bar on Malborough Street, which is parallel with o'Connel Street. Decent prices, If you want strong ask for Baltika 9, its a pretty strong stout like drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JoeSixpack

Pravda is another one. Its just over the ha'penny bridge. Always a good few
    eastern europeans in there and I have never had a bad night in there myself!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

The Czech iInn is a bit rough these days. I've been in a few times, and I've often seen fights. Last time I was in, some guy got glassed in the face. I haven't been back since. I used to love Isoldes Tower.. bit of a shame.

:eek:

I dont know which is more of a shock - witnessing a guy getting glassed, or someone loving Isoldes Bowells... Would agree thou with the recommendation for the Polish bar on Parnell Street, Zagloba. Been there myself and enjoyed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There used to be a guy singing and playing the guitar in Isoldes a few years ago on Saturday nights. He was brilliant. I often saw him there. Unfortunately though, he moved to London, or so the barman told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭leche solara

The Living Room in Cathal Brugha St caters for Eastern Europeans. Plenty of fights, sometimes they kill a pig in the smoking area in the back, drain its blood and barbecue it. There's even a guy in there who will organise Irish citizenship for a price. Czech karaoke, and occasional pole dancing.
    Not for the faint hearted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

&#231 wrote: »
    There's a polish bar down around parnell St., near fibbers I think.

Also a couple of the bars on o'connell st. now offer polish and czech beers, presumably to attract the crowd who feel homesick for the old beers :D

thats zagloba (sp) and its a cool pub although the swiss cottage in santry was full of eastern european nationals today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The Living Room in Cathal Brugha St caters for Eastern Europeans. Plenty of fights, sometimes they kill a pig in the smoking area in the back, drain its blood and barbecue it. There's even a guy in there who will organise Irish citizenship for a price. Czech karaoke, and occasional pole dancing.
    Not for the faint hearted.
    sounds like my kind of place...:p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement