Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options
  • 26-01-2007 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭

In case there are some people living in a cave on Mars and have just this moment returned Top Gear is back on air first show coming up on the 28th. Also watch this movie; it's worth it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Does anyone know if it's repeated during the week? Sunday night at 8pm is a very bad time for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I have BIT no idea TORRENT tbh :(
    *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Does anyone know if it's repeated during the week? Sunday night at 8pm is a very bad time for me. :(

http://www.finalgear.com/

You can get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Think it's repeated Tuesdays on UKTVG2 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

repeated wednesday at 7pm on BBC2

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info lads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

Heard that they are showing "the crash" on the first show, heard that on the radio during the week, is there any truth in that? Great 2 have the boys back regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,784 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yeah - if you look at the link in the first post they say what will be on the first show.

Next episode: Series 9 Episode 1
    Four months after Richard's 'upside down' thing, Top Gear returns and the Jaguar XKR is the first car to be featured. Now, Jaguar's are well known to be a bit thirsty, which could well be the reason why Jeremy, James and Richard try to make their own petrol. At the very least, a small fire is expected. Also, the 288mph jet car crash which left Richard fighting for his life in September 2006, a crash from which he has made a complete recovery.
    Jamie Oliver is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.
    Airs: Sunday January 28, 2007

(Jamie Oliver back again :eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Is it been shown over in Oz?:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

a crash from which he has made a complete recovery.
    complete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

why when do you leave? ;)

kbannon wrote:
    complete?
    Not my words kbannon - I was quoting from their web page!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ya complete......so far. They'll be monitoring his behaviour for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

anybody have a link that I can watch the show on the web? I'll be out of the country from tomorrow for a week and they don't have BBC :(

superfly wrote:
    why when do you leave? ;)

See below!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Herself wants to go the Cinema tomorrow night when Top Gear returns. Should I dump her now and be done with it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

(Jamie Oliver back again :eek:)

Not a great fan of Jamie, but that one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCLYGoM1GrU
    was hilarious !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Oh I remember good old top gear with William Wollard but anyway.........

But seriously, I watched the first episode of new top gear on you tube, which know I watched back in oct 2002, and I couldn't believe the difference to the show now.

-There was no audience - well a few guys just in that big hanger
    - The first car they drove was the citroen Berlingo (nice little practical motor)
    - The guest (harry enfield) hung around for most of the programme.
    - I've a better looking tv in my living room (and it was going cheap in 2003), so if you've forked out at Harvey Norman recently it'll look very cheap to ya.

The stunt they did in May where they wasted the fire brigades time while trying to prove that caravans are a waste of time was pathetic and smacked of somethig coming to the end of it's life creatively. When Richard had the accident I thought it was a natural end to the series in it's current format.

If they quit at the end of this series the BBC can be relied upon to come up with something that brings the top gear name forward. Otherwise it'll struggle on slowly getting out of touch while making temporary stars out of Clarkson, Hammond and May.

Oh I remember good old top gear with William Wollard but anyway.........
    I wasn't mad on that "Tomorrow's World" format but I suppose it's now designed to appear to peole who aren't necessarily into cars. 'Dumbing Down' I think they call it.
    The stunt they did in May where they wasted the fire brigades time while trying to prove that caravans are a waste of time was pathetic and smacked of somethig coming to the end of it's life creatively
    I think that many of those stunts are boring and stupid especially making a car go on cow dung, using cars as giant conkers etc. but I do enjoy the car versus train, boat, aeroplane races and the "buy a classic sportcar for £1,000" type of challenges.
    ned78 wrote:
    Herself wants to go the Cinema tomorrow night when Top Gear returns
    :eek: She needs to be educated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh harsh! Clarkson is a star name, his books have sold over a million copies in the UK in the last year alone. As for the Willam Wollard era that was 15-20 years ago fer petes sake, some may miss the old magazine format with a bit of everything - rallying, best used buy, new hatchback test, etc but frankly I don't. TG 2002-on style works on its own terms perfectly, if you want old style TG then there are plenty of alternatives like various M&M progs and Fifth Gear.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    some may miss the old magazine format
    Noel Edmonds. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Still say there's something different about hammond

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

zuutroy wrote:
    Still say there's something different about hammond

Yeah, in the studio he seems a bit zonked, but I'm sure that'll just work itself out. He's exactly the same in the features!

So glad its back on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Thats coz that was filmed before the crash. He seems to be very monotone with no expression in his speech

Just showing crash now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

plonk wrote:
    Thats coz that was filmed before the crash. He seems to be very monotone with no expression in his speech

He doesnt seem bad at all really talking about it and he seems to be better at talking --back to himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Big Nelly wrote:
    Just showing crash now

meh...I've walked away from worse....LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

He looks a shadow of himself (Understandable in fairness). In good form but has aged and looks like he hasnt eaten in months :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

WOW :eek: That was unbelievable, he is very lucky to be alive after that crash especially when it rolled over and roll cage dug into the grass. :eek:

Advertisement