Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It was a lot less spectacular than I thought it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Sizzler wrote:
    He looks a shadow of himself (Understandable in fairness). In good form but has aged and looks like he hasnt eaten in months :eek:

Didnt think he looked that bad myself but only seen from the road section, was in car driving on N3 with a load of muppets doing 40mph and blocking the whole road up:eek: speed kills my ass! slow dumbasses kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

The hamster looked terrible, he aged and got skinny, really looked weathered but as could be imagined considering the crash. Jamie Oliver in the blue car was gas as was Jeremy Clarkson's "Jade Goody" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I thought the show was a bit lame. They wasted half of it on that silly roadworks stunt. :rolleyes:

Hammond looks a bit "failed" alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you had been through a severly emotional time you'd be looking a bit thin, I lost a stone or more (and some hair) after my dad died so stress does that sort of thing. He'll plump up (not that he was anything other than slim to start with).

As for the show, only 6 out of 10 and most of that for Jamie Olivers lap and
    Clarksons inspirational tarmac-laden speeches.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Ahh, dont ya just love it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I only caught the end of it where Clarkson went 'and remember, speed kills' and the camera panned to Hamster checking himself over.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The piece on the Jag started to bore me after a while, but the rest of the show was pure class :D (well, except the crash, but you know what I mean)

Great stuff and hopefully fook loads more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

netwhizkid wrote:
    Jeremy Clarkson's "Jade Goody" comment.

Missed that. What did he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great to have it back

Jade Goody comment, something about her being pig faced. i enjoyed it even if i dont rememebr exactly what he said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

mloc123 wrote:
    Missed that. What did he say?

Was brilliant....dont take this as verbatim....but he was talkin bout big brother it went somethin like this..." thanks to big bro we all saw what jade is really like....a racist pig-faced waste of organs"

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Great to see it back and the hamster in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Fizman wrote:
    Was brilliant....dont take this as verbatim....but he was talkin bout big brother it went somethin like this..." thanks to big bro we all saw what jade is really like....a racist pig-faced waste of organs"

LMAO

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i thought the hamster looked grand, a bit in awe to the reaction he was getting i think but otherwise looked fine.

was a good show, not the best one but i'm just glad it's back on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Missed it (as usual). Will comment when I get to see it in the next few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i missed it myself and forgot about it but when i got home i booted up my sky+ box and seen that i set to series link record ages ago.

i then preceeded to kiss the sky+ box. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

What did they guy shout out of the audience when they where looking at the crash? couldnt hear it but it took Hamster aback!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,784 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fizman wrote:

LMAO
    no, no, no, that wasn't it!

They were going to the Stig segment, where they'd show his lap in the Jag. Clarkson was saying he usual "some people say..." bit and said: "Some people say he knew before everyone else that Jade was an ugly pig-faced racist waste of organs".

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Tauren wrote:

They were going to the Stig segment, where they'd show his lap in the Jag. Clarkson was saying he usual "some people say..." bit and said: "Some people say he knew before everyone else that Jade was an ugly pig-faced racist waste of organs".

I wasn't far off to be fair :p

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    that just scares teh bajebus outa me. WHAT THE HELL IS IT???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

great to have it back. was slightly moving to watch hamsters reaction to the crash even though it was done very light-heartedly. bodes well for the rest of the series as the crash dosnt look like it will reduce the amount of high octane testing when you witness clarkson doing powerslides for about 10minutes in the jag.
    and the roadworks bit was great....although id throw clarkson under the steamroller if he was shouting at me!!

gucci wrote:
    great to have it back. was slightly moving to watch hamsters reaction to the crash even though it was done very light-heartedly. bodes well for the rest of the series as the crash dosnt look like it will reduce the amount of high octane testing when you witness clarkson doing powerslides for about 10minutes in the jag.
    and the roadworks bit was great....although id throw clarkson under the steamroller if he was shouting at me!!
    the Jag stuff was filmed on the same day as the accident, so while i doubt we will see any less powersliding in supercars, last nights show, and the Jag segment in particular, is not really something you can go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Really thought the roadworks bit was garbage. Are we really to believe that they were in charge of re-surfacing a closed public road. Some of the 'features' are getting more and more ridiculous and off topic. I think mike65 said above, the best ones are the races, (though they too are horribly scripted and staged) and the budget car challenges. Hopefully better to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought the roadworks segment was good. It did show that if the council adopted european style working practices, (such as working through the night) road works would be completed quicker, and thus traffic congestion caused by them should be reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Tauren wrote:

Was it not "an ugly pig-faced racist waste of blood and organs"?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Can't beleive I forgot about it, when is the repeat on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Wednesday at 7pm on BBC2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

8.6 million viewers last night which must be a TG record and possibly a BBC2 non-sport record too.

Mike.

Advertisement