Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Brilliant episode tonight (the road trip), was one of my favourite episodes.

The bit were they had to paint something onto each others car while driving through Alabama was classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Brilliant episode tonight (the road trip), was one of my favourite episodes.

The bit were they had to paint something onto each others car while driving through Alabama was classic!
    Yea.. was getting kinda dodgy at the petrol station alright! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Tonights one was definetly one of the best in recent years. Gave me thoughts that if I had a disposable income, I'd like to do something similar for the craic (minus the whole petrol station incident!)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Good episode, road trip was good. Bit pointless having an audience in though. I'd be a bit pissed off if I'd got tickets and travelled to it, only to wtach a video on a tv and stand around for 2 minutes of footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You look at that whole "Gas station" incident where the woman (cos let's face it she was no lady) told them that they were in trouble cos "this is a hic town"

And these are the people that called the Iraqis backward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

best episode ever... in fact, best TV I've seen for a very long time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stekelly that would have been filmed during last weeks studio work.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cool. Thought they might have got to do some cool stuff with cars.

Actually, it would be good to get tickets when they have some cool cars on. i assume they'd let you have a nose around them while they arnt filming. It's be worht getting arested to jump in an enzo and do a few laps. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Interesting how people think this is the best episode, when it really had nothing to do with cars. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

tuxy wrote:
    Interesting how people think this is the best episode, when it really had nothing to do with cars. ;)

Agreed. It was a bit out there if you ask me. Don't get me wrong it was very funny in parts - but it just got away from what TG is all about. A once off is fine, but somehow I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

great episode but i really think they could've shortened it and stuck a few of the regular segments in too.

it was very entertaining but it wouldn't be a good direction for the show to take if they wanted to do that kind of thing more often.

actually i'm sure that won't happen because the bbc are not gonna pay for the lads to travel all over the world doin that kinda stuff every week i'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Was kinda shocked at the state of New Orelans.
    It hasn't been in the news for so long, thought they would have fixed the place up by now.

Bagdad is probably in better condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,785 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jcoote wrote:
    great episode but i really think they could've shortened it and stuck a few of the regular segments in too.

it was very entertaining but it wouldn't be a good direction for the show to take if they wanted to do that kind of thing more often.

actually i'm sure that won't happen because the bbc are not gonna pay for the lads to travel all over the world doin that kinda stuff every week i'm sure.
    well, they had their best ratings for a while, 8.6million. If they were to get that regularly they would keep doing what was getting them the ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Gurgle wrote:
    Bagdad is probably in better condition.

Would that would be the Bagdad they visited during the show, which is indeed in better condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

holy crap @ those rednecks at the petrol station!

I'M GITTIN THA BOYS!
    *pickup full of mullets and dogs pulls up*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Bagdad is a small town in the US

Baghdad is in Iraq :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

tuxy wrote:

I disagree. It had everything to do with cars. Just because they weren't reviewing the latest supercar doesn't mean it was off topic. The focal point of the episode was those 3 cars really. Anyhow i laughed my ass off! Nice to see them changing things sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Gurgle wrote:
    Was kinda shocked at the state of New Orelans.

Yep, me too! It looked like something you would expect in the poorer nations of Africa :eek:

It was a very good, humorous episode, brilliant as a one-off. Something like that as one episode per season would be good but no more.

I'd like to see a different car used for the 'Star in a reasonably priced car' section. Just for a change :) Of course, then the lap times would have to start from scratch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

r3nu4l wrote:
    I'd like to see a different car used for the 'Star in a reasonably priced car' section. Just for a change :) Of course, then the lap times would have to start from scratch again.

If you watched the very first ep. suzuki were the only car compnay that would give them a car.

And the lap times are all new now because they are using the newer model liana

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If you watched the very first ep...

I didn't :) Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't recall te first episode with the 'SIARPC'. However, Im surprised that other manufacturers weren't interested in the 'free' publicity from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Stekelly wrote:
    Good episode, road trip was good. Bit pointless having an audience in though. I'd be a bit pissed off if I'd got tickets and travelled to it, only to wtach a video on a tv and stand around for 2 minutes of footage.
    Have you considered that maybe the studio piece might have been filmed at the end of last weeks episode.

anyhow it was a great episode, good to see something different now and again. I wonder if the researcher who thought up the idea of painting slogans on the cars is breathing a deep sigh of relief :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If you watched the very first ep. suzuki were the only car compnay that would give them a car.

And the lap times are all new now because they are using the newer model liana
    They aren't using a liana any more. They're using a chevrolet latisse or whatever it's called.

FinalGear forum chat - lots of fun watch out for a few grumpy Americans.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Damn it I was banned from the entire Games forum for just mentioning a torrents site - not even linking it - and now we are linking one in Motor chat with no problem. I hope they go back to reviewing cars soon I don't mind them messing around but I do like some new cars reviewed every now and then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

omega man wrote:
    I disagree. It had everything to do with cars. Just because they weren't reviewing the latest supercar doesn't mean it was off topic. The focal point of the episode was those 3 cars really. Anyhow i laughed my ass off! Nice to see them changing things sometimes.

So you are saying that a full show about how you can't buy a good car for $1k is a informative car program? It wasn't even original, they have done the buy three cars and slag each other many many times.

Now I'm not saying it wasn't a good episode, but I don't see how you can argue that it was about cars.

6 million viewers and some complaints about the cow.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

mike65 wrote:
    6 million viewers and some complaints about the cow.

Mike.
    heheheh the cow bit was funny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

drdre wrote:
    heheheh the cow bit was funny.:D

I thought it was a little nasty I have to say. Also, I have more and more trouble believing any of the stuff really happens. All that gas station melee: I just didnt buy it.
    I happened to be watching the episode with a Floridian. Don't think she was too impressed :p

• Advertisement

Damn! Why did'nt the bolt charge fire?! It was going so well. Was anyone else getting pissed-off with that couple behind Clarkson?

Mike.

Advertisement