Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

mike65 wrote:
    Damn! Why did'nt the bolt charge fire?! It was going so well. Was anyone else getting pissed-off with that couple behind Clarkson?

Mike.

What couple?

I thought tonights episode was mediocre. The whole Reliant Robin thing was completely ridiculous (even for Top Gear). The Brabus Merc on the other hand was insane! I like how Clarkson words the torque figure; "This car has a 1,000 torques!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Max_Damage wrote:
    What couple?

I thought tonights episode was mediocre. The whole Reliant Robin thing was completely ridiculous (even for Top Gear). The Brabus Merc on the other hand was insane! I like how Clarkson words the torque figure; "This car has a 1,000 torques!"

The torques thing pissed me off, how hard is it to say foot pounds of torque..

Funny episode alright, moving more and more towards a general entertainment show now tho'... they hardly even pretend its a motoring show anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i filled the dishwasher and made a sandwich during TopGear tonight. Used to be a lot better, seems to be a lot of filler.

colm_mcm wrote:
    i filled the dishwasher and made a sandwich during TopGear tonight. Used to be a lot better, seems to be a lot of filler.

This series has been dissapointing so far anyway.

Like the signature aswell, you should really get a picture of one with no hub caps on tho' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mloc123 wrote:

Like the signature aswell, you should really get a picture of one with no hub caps on tho' ;)

the back one and the 2 on the drivers side are missing ;)

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote:

Agreed. This and alot of the last series weren't great overall, although they did have their moments.

I was watching some of the old (early 90's) episodes of TG on YouTube (before they got removed by the BBC), and the differences between old TG and new TG is unreal. They actually reviewed everyday cars, but it wasn't as humorous.

I still think the glory years of TG are 2002-2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Anyone else notice how the stars in a reasonably priced car are pimping are always pimping somethingthese days. :(
    They used to be totaly against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Max_Damage wrote:
    The whole Reliant Robin thing was completely ridiculous
    Yes, they filled half the show with that tedoius space shuttle crap. The only interesting thing (IMO) were the brief glimpses of the Eddie Stobart rig.
    mike65 wrote:
    Was anyone else getting pissed-off with that couple behind Clarkson?
    What couple and what did they do?

What couple and what did they do?

Yeah, what couple? Its bound to be up on youtube at this stage so we can see.

tuxy wrote:
    Anyone else notice how the stars in a reasonably priced car are pimping are always pimping somethingthese days. :(

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tuxy wrote:

yes

twice now JC has mentioned how they normally dont do this. probably be saying it again next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

can't wait for next week... lambo lp640....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

steve06 wrote:
    can't wait for next week... lambo lp640....

Yeah same as me,I cant wait its going to be good :)

It looks like a monster
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bUnGkCUhboQ&mode=related&search=

well they might let us down and review the Gallardo spider....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Watched some of the show last night and was immediately struck by how old Clarkson looked. I also have a nagging feeling that the format is becoming tired.

Clarskon drives a fast car and drools.
    Clarkson sees a normal car and sneers or rants.
    Guest drives round track, Clarkson slags guest.
    Sidekicks grin and bear it and go off to do silly stunt to justify them being on the show.

TBH not sure if the Grumpy Old Man image works that well any more - almost reminds me of those OU presenters many moons back :rolleyes: .

what's getting to me is how he reviews a car, says it's amazing and then says he doesn't like it... or how he slates a car and then say's it's great (like he did with the 147 GTV a while back)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I still enjoy the show but preferred it when it focussed on car reviews. Oh and the Cool Wall does my head in! Utterly pointless and it really annoys me how Clarkson deliberately goes against everyone else in an attempt to arouse a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay for those who did'nt notice it, there was a 20 something pair behind Clarkson when he was doing the news, she would whisper something to him he'd whisper something back and this went on for a while, with a
    quick pause every so often just to see what was happening!

As for the show I agree the balance has been lost and yep Clarksons ploy
    of apparently rubbishing/praising a car then doing a volte-face is getting annoying cos you just know its coming therefore dismiss what he says early in the review. I would say the programmes has been damaged by the time Hammond was out of action, they proberly has to junk a load of features they intended to film.

Mike.

is_that_so wrote:
    Watched some of the show last night and was immediately struck by how old Clarkson looked. I also have a nagging feeling that the format is becoming tired.

Clarskon drives a fast car and drools.
    Clarkson sees a normal car and sneers or rants.
    Guest drives round track, Clarkson slags guest.
    Sidekicks grin and bear it and go off to do silly stunt to justify them being on the show.

TBH not sure if the Grumpy Old Man image works that well any more - almost reminds me of those OU presenters many moons back :rolleyes: .

I agree, I think the format needs to be changed at the end of this season. Its been the same for 9 seasons at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

While i know hammond has made a great recovery does anybody else feel he is just not "there" yet. i watch the old one an uktv gold :o and even the shorties that were pre recorded just seem to be a different hammond?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I read somewhere that in tonight's episode the Stig drives the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 around the track.

And the three lads drive a few tractors and try to grow their own petrol! :confused:

Don't forget BBC2 8:00pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drdre wrote:
    Does anyone know where i can download this before or after the show as i donot think i will be beside a TV at that time but i really want to watch it.thanks in advance

I think they repeat the show at around 19:00 on Tuesday nights.

bazz26 wrote:
    I think they repeat the show at around 19:00 on Tuesday nights.

Thanks, but if anyone knows where to download it that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not yourtub, the BBC are scanning that site like crazy these days. It can also be caught again on BBC3 next Saturday.

Mike.

mloc123 wrote:
    I presume its up on youtube too.

YouTube removed all TG clips due to copyright violation from the BBC or some nonsense like that.

Max_Damage wrote:
    YouTube removed all TG clips due to copyright violation from the BBC or some nonsense like that.

No theres still loads of video's online about top gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

LP640.

****ing phwoar tbh if true.
    Given TG mag have it for Mar 1st more than likely true.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

drdre wrote:
    Thanks, but if anyone knows where to download it that would be great.

No requesting and no offering of torrents please. Edited and deleted posts. You guys should know better than that. Next time there will be bannings

unkel wrote:
    No requesting and no offering of torrents please. Edited and deleted posts. You guys should know better than that. Next time there will be bannings

Sorry i didnt realise it.I will just try to watch it tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bazz26 wrote:
    And the three lads.... ... and try to grow their own petrol!
    Oh no - not more of that shíte. It really spoils the show. :(

Advertisement