Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Oh no - not more of that shíte. It really spoils the show. :(

Yeah it does really spoil the show.Top gear should just show and test drive cars not wonder off the point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Pretty dissapointing show, And that lambo was dissapointing a little too... But it was funny all the same. Purely entertainement...

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good show imo, tractors were funny and made a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

irish1 wrote:
    Good show imo, tractors were funny and made a nice change.
    Yes. I thought it was going to be like that one where they tried to make cars run on cattle dung.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

irish1 wrote:
    made a nice change.

Hahaha, yeah the way the show had practically nothing to do with cars made a nice change.... oh no wait.... ;)

I wish the bbc would spend some of their budget on an actuall motoring show, Top Gear at this stage should be bumped into the general entertainment section.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

HungryJoey wrote:
    Pretty dissapointing show, And that lambo was dissapointing a little too... But it was funny all the same. Purely entertainement...

Hj

I missed it cant wait to watch the repeat as i really love the lambourgini's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Do you reckon the bit with the "Prototype" Astra was a set up? They seem to have a decent budget this year to pay for damage to cars, hire fields, tractors etc. It is a shame that they dont spend it reviewing more cars. I must admit I find it very funny but its got little to do with cars

For anyone who's interested, a Case similar to the Hamster's, holds the World Ploughing Record. It did 802 acres in 24 hours using a 20 furrow plough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I thought it was a great show, was funny, entertaining and it had a fast car review.
    TBH i don't get all this they should just drive cars and review them.....that kind of thing is all that has really been done for the 15 years or whatever before this incarnation of top gear.

And a show that has the stig falling out of his seat in a tractor has to be great:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ah CRAP. I missed it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

The match-up between the Lambo and the Golf GTI was class:D

What a budget they have!! Do yous have any idea how many Fair Citys we could make with that type of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The show wasn't great overall. I did like the Renault getting hit by the train though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought the Tractor drag race was fun, esp Capt Slow and his trail of destruction, not to mention his inability to start a tractor (they look so complicated these days). They say they seeded that field so we have to see if they return to it for the petrol next summer.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Ah come on that Fendt 936 Vario.................................*drools*

Max_Damage wrote:
    I did like the Renault getting hit by the train though.
    That's one for junkyard. :D

....speaking of junkyard, where is he lately? It's been a while since we had some Renault bashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

bus77 wrote:
    The match-up between the Lambo and the Golf GTI was class:D

Complete copy of what they did years ago though with the Maclaren F1 Vs. Skyline.

Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5yzBoiJ_hY

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Fairly good show, Definetly noticing less staging in this series IMO. The guys seem to great pals, especially after the US episode.

But in fairness, how the hell did the writers come up ploughing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mike65 wrote:
    I thought the Tractor drag race was fun, esp Capt Slow and his trail of destruction, not to mention his inability to start a tractor (they look so complicated these days). They say they seeded that field so we have to see if they return to it for the petrol next summer.

Mike.

I'm pretty sure they'll end up with diesel, though ...:D
    (havent heard of petrol being made out of rapeseed oil)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

80% crap as usual these days. All staged. Lambo review was good. Ploughing thing was ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

TheBazman wrote:
    Do you reckon the bit with the "Prototype" Astra was a set up?

Top Gear scripted?
    wow :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the stig doing the laps in the tractors has to be one of the most entertaining 10 minutes of tv i've ever seen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Cremo wrote:
    the stig doing the laps in the tractors has to be one of the most entertaining 10 minutes of tv i've ever seen.

I really enjoyed it too, one of the best episodes IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Probably one of the best episodes this series IMO, really enjoyed it. Had me loling a few times, especially when the Stig fell out of his seat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

bennyx_o wrote:
    Had me loling a few times, especially when the Stig fell out of his seat.
    Actually forgot about that, it was hilarious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I quite enjoyed that programme though I agree with the comments about staging and TG no longer being a motoring programme.

The stunts are getting really predictable though. Myself and my brother were watching the programme and as soon as I heard that they were going to have a towing challenge with the tractors I said "I bet Clarkson will try to tow the 747". We also predicted that the "prototype Astra" was going to get damaged and that May would make a balls of the ploughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

How many times does it have to be pointed out that Top Gear is an Entertainment show, based on a motoring theme, (MOTORING - Not just fast cars).

I thought it was very entertaining, and don't care if it was scripted. FFS Monty Python was scripted, but I still laugh and enjoy that.

Also, why do you think they have such a big budget? Because the show is obviously a success. So why the hell would they change it to a bunch of nerd just driving cars and spouting a load of technical drivel..

HungryJoey: "Complete copy of what they did years ago though with the Maclaren F1 Vs. Skyline."

What, it was a drag race!!?? It was a feature about a 'hypercar'. What did you want them to do? If that is your attitude you must be peeved off with them driving around the track, thats just a copy of what they do every week.

Quite simply, if you don't like it, why not watch that blubbering idiot Tiff and his hussy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Does anyone know if it's repeated this week ? Was a nice boyfriend last night and brought herself out for dinner so missed it and it doesn't appear to be repeated this week, I can't find any mention of it on the BBC website anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They repeat it on Wednesday nights, normally. I'd assume its the same this week?

edit: Just checked the BBC schedule on their website, no sign of it on Wednesday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/index.shtml?day=wednesday&service_id=41533&x=747&y=218

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thursday @ 7pm on BBC2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Fecking great show last night - especially for a bogger like myself seeing Clasrkson and Co. messing around with tractors! Another thing i love about the Top Gear format is that girls watch it now all the time - even my girlfriend will sit down and watch it with me on Sunday nights instead of giving out about car shows on telly - she laughs at it as much as i do!

Advertisement