Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pity they missed a trick with the tractors - no Thunderbirds theme! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

peasant wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they'll end up with diesel, though ...:D
    (havent heard of petrol being made out of rapeseed oil)

Noted that too - will surely come up later in the series.

Agree that its a great entertainment show, not a serious consumer car review show - but if I want to buy a boring 5-door 1.6 I read Auto Express. If I want an hour's entertainment, I watch Top Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

ah when hamster left his tractor in the middle of a little town was good. that thing was a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

ah when hamster left his tractor in the middle of a little town was good. that thing was a beast
    I'm amazed it crossed the bridge tbh I really did think it would crash straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is the owner of this Scania a big fan? :D

• Advertisement

Is the owner of this Scania a big fan? :D

He needs the two white viper stripes down the cab, and the stig standing beside it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There's one of these in the Naas area, friend has a picture on his phone.

stxtrack.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sparks400 wrote:
    There's one of these in the Naas area, friend has a picture on his phone.

stxtrack.jpeg
    Got a pic of one recently at an agri show in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm amazed it crossed the bridge tbh I really did think it would crash straight in.
    The tracks probably distributed the weight over a greater area putting less pressure on the bridge..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

When's it repeated again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Tonight on BBc at 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Some ****e called The General's War on BBC2 ????

• Registered Users Posts: 65,394 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's not tonight, it's Thursday 7PM on BBC2. Linky

Feck, it is usually wednesdays though, right? or am I going a bit mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

I'd like to see how they got that tractor back out of the filed? That bridge was in some state after they all got in there!

As for the show i allways enjoy it because i treat it as light entertainment not a full blown fact based car review show. The mix works hence why it's in it's 9th season and is signed up for a 10th all ready.

I suspect I know the answer - there were two ways in. They used the wooden bridge for drama (remember Hammond took his tractor for a jaunt into the local village during the challange).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Top gear is such a loada contrived rubbish with three stupid Brits talking crap, even sometimes talking crap about cars also I hear. Here is the format ok what will we do this week. 1./ something stupid involving something stupid
    2./ A race between Clarkson and the other two fools trying to be clarkson 3./ Something where we can be condescending to farmers or toffs or Welsh people or Germans or the favourite the french. (ya lads Britain will be great to tulips like ye around) Then we need to have the giggling like school children coz the thick muppets who watch the programme think that is funny, when we gigle that is!. Better even then that is that they get into trouble and have to run away with the camera panning across them legging it, oh jez how funny is that! Split my sides watching them. finally Clarkson will do the cool wall and say something about how short the short bloke is (mental ha ha ha ). Top gear was the best when it had quintin, tiff, and clarkson (without the free run he has now). Finally 'on that bombshell' they will say something about environmentalist and how stupid they are, roll on the V8 ha ha !... morons!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

So, Top Gear was best when it was boring and sh1te? And three stupid Brits? I assume you know what the first B in BBC stands for?

:rolleyes:

So you quite like it then?

Mike.

• Advertisement

dodgyme wrote:
    Top gear is such a loada contrived rubbish with three stupid Brits talking crap, even sometimes talking crap about cars also I hear. Here is the format ok what will we do this week. 1./ something stupid involving something stupid
    2./ A race between Clarkson and the other two fools trying to be clarkson 3./ Something where we can be condescending to farmers or toffs or Welsh people or Germans or the favourite the french. (ya lads Britain will be great to tulips like ye around) Then we need to have the giggling like school children coz the thick muppets who watch the programme think that is funny, when we gigle that is!. Better even then that is that they get into trouble and have to run away with the camera panning across them legging it, oh jez how funny is that! Split my sides watching them. finally Clarkson will do the cool wall and say something about how short the short bloke is (mental ha ha ha ). Top gear was the best when it had quintin, tiff, and clarkson (without the free run he has now). Finally 'on that bombshell' they will say something about environmentalist and how stupid they are, roll on the V8 ha ha !... morons!

Jeepers, you really hate it that much?

And yet you stll watch it?

Begs the question, Who is the biggest moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

dodgyme wrote:

Some say he licks the sweat from rabbits ears, others say he registers on forums denegrating Top Gear, all we know is he's called the Stig.

I can't believe you didn't mention the Stig, Stig! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

r3nu4l wrote:
    Some say he licks the sweat from rabbits ears, others say he registers on forums denegrating Top Gear, all we know is he's called the Stig.

Classic! :D

Top Gear was best when it was about cars. If I want to watch childrens T.V I will tune in to CBBC. Oh remember the time hammond drove to thru the village in a tracktor - god save us!!!! Just to let you know , he didnt drive thru the village in a tracktor - the researchers said drive thru the village which we will cordon off , the council has permitted this for 3 hours, and we will shoot that, we will put a few cars behind you and get them to look frustrated and then we will edit a close of you richard going 'I think I might have caused a traffic jam opps' - 'can you do that Hamster ' (hamster - what a shower of *****rs). Then he goes ' do I have to giggle coz that is not in my contract for this series' and then he giggles - ha ha ah! a8seholes. Meanwhile the long haired twat 'rule britannia and the french dont work' is back at the farm looking like the pri*ze pr*ck he is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If it annoys you that much I suggest you watch something else...

dodgyme wrote:
    Top Gear was best when it was about cars. If I want to watch childrens T.V I will tune in to CBBC. Oh remember the time hammond drove to thru the village in a tracktor - god save us!!!! Just to let you know , he didnt drive thru the village in a tracktor - the researchers said drive thru the village which we will cordon off , the council has permitted this for 3 hours, and we will shoot that, we will put a few cars behind you and get them to look frustrated and then we will edit a close of you richard going 'I think I might have caused a traffic jam opps' - 'can you do that Hamster ' (hamster - what a shower of *****rs). Then he goes ' do I have to giggle coz that is not in my contract for this series' and then he giggles - ha ha ah! a8seholes. Meanwhile the long haired twat 'rule britannia and the french dont work' is back at the farm looking like the pri*ze pr*ck he is.

Couldn't you just watch 5th Gear or similar instead? Do you watch the show just to get yourself worked up?

I actually agree that it has become less about the serious aspect of cars and more about the 'entertainment' value but it doesn't pretend to be anything else anymore. Launching a Robin reliant into the stratosphere (or close enough) was the most tenuous link to motoring you could imagine but still made great watching!

If you want a decent and serious show about cars try "Men & Motors" channel on Sky. There may be a decent one there or an older series of TopGear :)

You have way too much hate on board man :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Going to watch the re-run even though I seen it on Sunday :D

Also, don't feed the troll

Well if it is about entertainment, why is it listed under the motoring section of this site. The fact about it is that young morons watch this programme and come to the conclusion that speed and entertainment are one on one. And then head off out to do a few doughnuts (said with a steve staunton accent) . If hammond was killed in that accident it may have had a good benefit in showing young morons men that speed is not glamourous. Also the way in which these idiots had to pretend to make a joke of it was insulting to people who had lost loved ones. They panned the camera over to the small buck and said oh remember speed kills while he is sitting there smirking like teenage looking for a slap in the face.

I also see that long haired prat did a programme on wine where off he went to france and drove in a field (oh how funny) and met some south african wine makers in france and said you work here, well you mustint be french then. Same old story with the lanky juvenile clarkson did his rubbishing of europe and refused to pay a toll bridge in spain because he was british and some how said he already paid for it because he was british. The spainish guy shoulda told him to f*ck off back to britain and bring the rest of the costa del so l with him, but alas he didnt. morons!

dodgyme wrote:
    Just to let you know , he didnt drive thru the village in a tracktor - the researchers said drive thru the village which we will cordon off , the council has permitted this for 3 hours, and we will shoot that, we will put a few cars behind you and get them to look frustrated

And just to let YOU know, do you remember the opening scene of Pulp Fiction, the "HunnyBunny" scene in the resteraunt. Well that didn't really happen either :eek: . They got a bunch of actors, and a script and they acted out the whole thing!!!!!

• Advertisement

dodgyme wrote:
    Well if it is about entertainment, why is it listed under the motoring section of this site.

There are lots of different types of entertainment. TopGear is entertainment based around motoring.
    dodgyme wrote:
    The fact about it is that young morons watch this programme and come to the conclusion that speed and entertainment are one on one. And then head off out to do a few doughnuts (said with a steve staunton accent) .
    Must say I've been watching it for years (from my early 20's onwards) and never felt the urge to do a doughnut :rolleyes: Doughnut muppets don't need TopGear to think doing a nut is cool but if you want to blame TV for the ills of society, it's a long queue of fuddy-duddys who think they know what's best for everyone else.
    dodgyme wrote:
    If hammond was killed in that accident it may have had a good benefit in showing young morons men that speed is not glamourous. Also the way in which these idiots had to pretend to make a joke of it was insulting to people who had lost loved ones. They panned the camera over to the small buck and said oh remember speed kills while he is sitting there smirking like teenage looking for a slap in the face.
    They made light of a terrible situation, we all do that and the Brits are notoriously good at the Stiff Upper lip and laughing in the face of danger etc. They were obviously happy that he was well.
    dodgyme wrote:
    I also see that long haired prat did a programme on wine where off he went to france and drove in a field (oh how funny) and met some south african wine makers in france and said you work here, well you mustint be french then. Same old story with the lanky juvenile clarkson did his rubbishing of europe and refused to pay a toll bridge in spain because he was british and some how said he already paid for it because he was british. The spainish guy shoulda told him to f*ck off back to britain and bring the rest of the costa del so l with him, but alas he didnt. morons!
    You obviously hate the Brits quite a lot. Me thinks this is becoming trolling now and I'm feeding you :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favour and take the chip off your shoulder :)

Advertisement