Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

dodgyme wrote:
    Well if it is about entertainment, why is it listed under the motoring section of this site. The fact about it is that young morons watch this programme and come to the conclusion that speed and entertainment are one on one. And then head off out to do a few doughnuts (said with a steve staunton accent) . If hammond was killed in that accident it may have had a good benefit in showing young morons men that speed is not glamourous. Also the way in which these idiots had to pretend to make a joke of it was insulting to people who had lost loved ones. They panned the camera over to the small buck and said oh remember speed kills while he is sitting there smirking like teenage looking for a slap in the face.

I also see that long haired prat did a programme on wine where off he went to france and drove in a field (oh how funny) and met some south african wine makers in france and said you work here, well you mustint be french then. Same old story with the lanky juvenile clarkson did his rubbishing of europe and refused to pay a toll bridge in spain because he was british and some how said he already paid for it because he was british. The spainish guy shoulda told him to f*ck off back to britain and bring the rest of the costa del so l with him, but alas he didnt. morons!
    So when Quentin, Tiff and Clarkson used to speed back in the old format Top Gear it was OK, ya? I see...
    So tell us this young troll man, what do you watch on TV? What do you think is a quality show? Let's take 5th Gear as a given, what else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Top Gear should have an introduction waring similar to Jerry Sprinker. Something along the lines of

' This programme contains moronic behaviour aimed at people who have very little to talk about apart from their loyalty to three middle aged men belittling foreigners and making a stupid childish jokes that are not funny. Do not take this programme serious, its is meant to be comedy but pretends kinda to be a car show , but it is entertainment, but is it scripted and contrived, but it is not suppose to look like that , coz we like giggling and runnning away like we have just shat in our pants -he he he!'

Ya that should sum it up. An no I am not trolling, that is something you'd do as a kid to catch trout, when top gear was good.:rolleyes: doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

dodgyme wrote:
    Top Gear should have an introduction waring similar to Jerry Sprinker. Something along the lines of

' This programme contains moronic behaviour aimed at people who have very little to talk about apart from their loyalty to three middle aged men belittling foreigners and making a stupid childish jokes that are not funny. Do not take this programme serious, its is meant to be comedy but pretends kinda to be a car show , but it is entertainment, but is it scripted and contrived, but it is not suppose to look like that , coz we like giggling and runnning away like we have just shat in our pants -he he he!'

Ya that should sum it up. An no I am not trolling, that is something you'd do as a kid to catch trout, when top gear was good.:rolleyes: doh!

Jesus man, take some valium or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

If you dont like it dont watch it.

So you dont like an Emmy and BAFTA award winnng program that too bad. The whole point of this thread if for people that actually enjoy the show, to give there comment and have a laugh, not for you to have a, what seems, racist rant against it.

Yea the show has changed, so what. now my girlfriend can sit and enjoy the show with me now and its great.

So get of your ass, find the remote of your tv and change the damn channel. go watch Trisha or Tubberty Tonight. Just let the fans of the show, the chance to chat in a friendly enviroment without people ruining the reason the thread is here. THE FANS.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm amazed it crossed the bridge tbh I really did think it would crash straight in.
    mike65 wrote:
    They used the wooden bridge for drama
    Although the bridge was lined with wooden sleepers, they were actually supported by reinforced steel joists. It was possible to get a glimpse of them in some shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

r3nu4l wrote:
    Launching a Robin reliant into the stratosphere
    Apologies for being pedantic but it's a Reliant Robin, not a Robin Reliant. ;)
    I find it odd that most people seem to get it back to front. Imagine saying Focus Ford, Civic Honda or Primera Nissan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

@ dodgyme

So, you appear not to like Brits, believe everyone who watches TG is a 'thick muppet' (except you, obviously), and because Hammond wasn't killed in a crash (you almost appear to wish he was) the 'young morons men(?)' are more likely than before to get in their cars and kill one another.

Nice and balanced then. To quote another Brit recently: "There's a great regulator called the off button..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i watched the video for lp640 , its an amazing car :) i would love one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Apologies for being pedantic but it's a Reliant Robin, not a Robin Reliant. ;)
    I find it odd that most people seem to get it back to front. Imagine saying Focus Ford, Civic Honda or Primera Nissan. :D

Its because Reliant seems like a better manufacturer name.Don't you feel safer knowing your buying a reliable(ant) car? :rolleyes:

Dodgyme is looking for a fight, obviously he secretly enjoys all the aspects of TG he just described or wouldn't still be watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

DeBeere wrote:
    Its because Reliant seems like a better manufacturer name.Don't you feel safer knowing your buying a reliable(ant) car? :rolleyes:

I think you got mixed up there. The guy he corrected had it the OTHER way around. Reliant IS the manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,785 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gatster wrote:
    @ dodgyme

So, you appear not to like Brits, believe everyone who watches TG is a 'thick muppet' (except you, obviously), and because Hammond wasn't killed in a crash (you almost appear to wish he was) the 'young morons men(?)' are more likely than before to get in their cars and kill one another.

Nice and balanced then. To quote another Brit recently: "There's a great regulator called the off button..."
    he is right though, after seeing hammond do it, i was about to head ou the dor and hammer it down the road in my rocket car. Unfortunately I didn't have enough rocket fuel in the car, so i couldn't, and i didn't see the incident again, so i had nothing to force me into my rocket car at a later date.

Top Gear should be ashamed, really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

unkel wrote:
    It's not tonight, it's Thursday 7PM on BBC2. Linky

Just a heads up, it's not on BBC 2 NI but if you have Sky you should be ok and get it under your other channels menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

This is hilarious - the loyalty you all have to three TG presenters!. - for example Clarkson went off to different countries on many different times over the years (TG and non TG) and all he does is make smart (at times racist) comments about foreigners, The long haired bloke did the same with his wine programme (copying the clarkson type behaviour). Clarkson and long haired bloke are always putting other countries and peoples down on TG also. The french are lazy and the germans are stoic and the welsh shag sheep. Everything good is British (apart from rover) and the british invented everything according to May (thats a quote from two weeks ago). Now how in gods holy name does me pointing out what they say in their words make me a racist. I am pointing out what these lads are like. I mean I had the misfortune of reading Clarksons book one time (you finish it in an hour it was so short, obviously aimed at the likes of yerselfs) and all it is, pure british xenophonbia and b*ll****.

The people (here) supporting TG presenters as if their existence relied on it are a few cars short of a company fleet. And one even mentioned that their reaction (May and Clarksons) to hammonds crash was stiff upper lip. He obviously knows little about what the term means and who it applies to but it doesnt matter as long as he defends the 3 'funny' lads (middle aged men) that make his week joyous.

Then I am criticised for being on this topic board, and this thread is only for people who like TG? Really!:confused: - I thought the thread was named 'TG is back' not 'This thread is only for people who like TG':rolleyes:

Finally I am criticised because of what I said about hammonds crash. Well they are glamourising speed and minimising the consequences of it. Just admit that much at lease 'LLLLaaaddsss':cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

dodgyme wrote:
    Then I am criticised for being on this topic board, and this thread is only for people who like TG? Really!:confused: - I thought the thread was named 'TG is back' not 'This thread is only for people who like TG':rolleyes:
    I was thinking of editing it to "Top Gear is BACK! - no disgruntled midlife crisis moaning allowed", but I'm too lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

What do you like to watch was my unanswered question? And how come you can condone the glamour of speed on the old format Top Gear and not on the new?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

How do you put someone on your ignore list again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

dodgyme, life's too short to spend whining about things you obviously despise, so why do you bother? Seriously, does trolling give you that much of a kick?

Obviously your sense of humour was honed in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Someone start a thread on Sky One's VROOM Show, and then dodgyme can vent his spleen to his heart's content! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

dodgyme wrote:
    Everything good is British (apart from rover) and the british invented everything according to May (thats a quote from two weeks ago)

I dunno, whats to argue with there? We invented everything FACT!* including Boyles Law cos he was under occupation at the time! :p

Mike.

*May not be an actual fact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mike65 wrote:
    I dunno, whats to argue with there? We invented everything FACT!
    Mike.

*cough*
    Carl Benz
    Gottlieb Daimler
    Nikolaus August Otto
    Rudolf Diesel
    *cough*

I'll limit it to them ...seenashow this IS the motors forum

:D:D:D

mike65 wrote:

*May not be an actual fact

Hehe, ill stick with the italians for the stunning cars they produce, even if they fall apart after a while. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

So anyway, it appears not to be currently on BBC2... Feckin Gerry Adams is on instead. Anyone know when it is repeated? Or a YouTube link ;)

TG or GA? :eek: Its a different country up there.

Youtube had parts of it yesterday alright.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I'm taking the bait, I know, but:
    Clarkson and long haired bloke are always putting other countries and peoples down on TG also. The french are lazy and the germans are stoic and the welsh shag sheep. Everything good is British (apart from rover) and the british invented everything according to May (thats a quote from two weeks ago)
    Do you Sky+ TG? I think you are taking it a bit too seriously/literally, i.e:

The Irish are the best craic
    Americans are stupid
    Mexicans are lazy etc. etc. etc.

It's called humour, they are going to play up to these stereotypes and as obvious as it seems to point this out but it's a British programme made by the British Broadcasting corporation, initially for a British audience.
    pure british xenophonbia and b*ll****
    What, like the anti-brit xenophobia you could be perceived to be venting?

And yet, after all this, you read Clarkson's book? Why did you bother? You know why I don't listen to Westlife? Because I think they're w@nk, pretty much the reason why I wouldn't read a book by or about them.

I'm beginning to think you're a little odd, well as odd as you think everyone is who likes a car-themed entertainment show.

Gatster wrote:

And yet, after all this, you read Clarkson's book? Why did you bother? You know why I don't listen to Westlife? Because I think they're w@nk, pretty much the reason why I wouldn't read a book by or about them.
    I'm beginning to think you're a little odd, well as odd as you think everyone who likes a car-themed entertainment show.

7952010307Clapping.gif

SPOT ON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Futureman wrote:
    I think you got mixed up there. The guy he corrected had it the OTHER way around. Reliant IS the manufacturer.

Crap, thanks for pointing that out ... I must have been tired...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

pure british xenophonbia and b*ll****
    What, like the anti-brit xenophobia you could be perceived to be venting?
    Well, speaking personally as a brit myself, I fully agree with dodgyme and find Clarkson's xenophobic little rants to be petty, childish and not at all funny either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

anyone know if bbc2 are showing the repeat at all? have being recording the repeat on wednesdays at 7pm but as was mentioned above it wasnt on this week ( on any of the bbc2's , and they have a best of tonight! ).

• Advertisement

It looks like BBC2 NI is not giving us the pleasure but BBC3 should be screening it on saturday.

Mike.

Advertisement