Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is BACK!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

cheers, i didnt know it was shown on bbc3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

BBC2 UK of whatever it's called made a late change to the schedule according to the continuity announcer just before it was due to be shown and it was replaced by the Best of Topgear, I wonder why ?
    It's scheduled for 8:05 Saturday evening on BBC3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Jip wrote:
    BBC2 UK of whatever it's called made a late change to the schedule according to the continuity announcer just before it was due to be shown and it was replaced by the Best of Topgear, I wonder why ?
    It's scheduled for 8:05 Saturday evening on BBC3.

Possibly to do with that virgin train crash...considering they destroy a scenic with a train loco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Thanks Alun for the wee bit of support as these boys on this site would be the first to be complaining if Clarkson was ranting on the same way about Irish people, and if I know Clarksons rants they might just be insulting and not funny, as he does about the french and the spanish etc etc, always funny when it is not your own nation. (now I can see the replies coming on this one) Kinda like lets call the Welsh sheep shaggers coz thats still allowed. But the blindspots on this site call me anti-british when infact I have said nothing atall anti-british since I started posting on this site. However Clarkson and May are not in any way racist OFCourse - just good humoured, well its not really very funny (I mean lads do ye really think what they do is funny??). Its no more advanced that a childs joke.
    And as for the quote
    "British programme made by the British Broadcasting corporation, for a British audience." oh So that makes it ok the rant on about johnny foreigner. ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Don't tell me you're still here ranting and raving. Are you aged 80 by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i seem to remember a few seasons ago clarkson slagging the irish, i guess what i did.... I laughed, because i have a sense of humour. So why dont you find one, or complain to the BBC if your that outraged, but quit griping here. we heard the points you made, you dont have to regurgitate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I'm a bit British, a bit Welsh, it's all good. I don't take the cracks about either to heart, give as you as you get and all that jazz.

What I said earlier about the Britishness of Top Gear was in the context of your complaints about the humour.
    I mean lads do ye really think what they do is funny??
    Yeah, I do. And Monty Python, Buster Keaton, Father Ted, Blackadder, Borat, Porridge, Laurel & Hardy, your posts, this site, lots of websites and a load of other things, but I like being amused, I'm not sure if that's childish :D:):D:):D:):D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Tonights show the last in the series !!!!!

8 or 9 shows , they make their cash fairly handy !

yea i was a bit disappointed when i heard that. dang

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

sharkman wrote:
    Tonights show the last in the series !!!!!

8 or 9 shows , they make their cash fairly handy !

Surely its not been more than 5?

• Advertisement

they didnt show the last episode on bbc3 either, they just repeated the best of from thursday

http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episode_list/

9x06 04/Mar/2007 Season 9, Episode 6

Gas craic that one, and I'd be a naysayer of the modern format. The departure from being a motoring show is more and more evident though. Strange that the series is over so quick but it seems like it'll only be a couple of months until the next one

id say that because of the hammond crash, it delayed the show starting and the BBC had somethin else scheduled now and could show the full series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I can't believe thats the series over.. I thought Clarkson was taking the P**S when he said it was the last episode. My god that didn't last long.. Still brilliant entertainment though :rolleyes:

Hj

id say that because of the hammond crash, it delayed the show starting and the BBC had somethin else scheduled now and could show the full series.
    I dunno about that. I think Top Gear rules all as far as BBC2 is concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Afaik the series was split in to two halves. The first half was shown late last year. I think production of the second half was then delayed because of the Hamster's crash.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was Top Gear (new format) not always split and run for a while in winter and again in summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

byte wrote:
    Was Top Gear (new format) not always split and run for a while in winter and again in summer?
    Yes I think so the number of episodes per season does change though - as the seasons progressed they tend to have fewer episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll be back in the summer prolly for 8 shows.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When'd you get your god-like powers back Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Only a Minor Deity these days! :p (when I suggested a forum, still its nice and quiet over at Infrastructure.).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Cant believe May hacked that 164, it looked to be in excellent condition :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They should have gotten the Stig to take them around the track... would have been fun to see how the panda coped :)

Thank God the drive-l is over. I see clarkson has another book out which is basically the same as all his other books but a few more articles thrown in from the column he (just about is able to) write in the english newspapers. Really smart man - write one column and stick in three places and get paid three times. Then again the audience are goldfish and won't cop they have read them before - oh how they will laugh! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

dodgyme wrote:
    Thank God the drive-l is over. I see clarkson has another book out which is basically the same as all his other books but a few more articles thrown in from the column he (just about is able to) write in the english newspapers. Really smart man - write one column and stick in three places and get paid three times. Then again the audience are goldfish and won't cop they have read them before - oh how they will laugh! :(

Wow, I think you've made your point already a number of times, the above post can only be described as trolling at this stage. You don't like TopGear, you don't like Clarkson et al., you don't like British people (given your other posts!). We hear you. Thank you. :)

On-topic. The New Top Gear forum is up and running here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

dodgyme wrote:
    *WHINE*

Yawn. Go tell someone who cares.

"Renewal"
    Can you point out where in my posts I dont like british people please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

dodgyme wrote:
    "Renewal"
    Can you point out where in my posts I dont like british people please?

Nobody cares anymore, give it a rest.

Advertisement